Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gizmo!)
    to put it in context though, this is the first time nearly all of the applicants have applied for something, so they arent really fine tuned for applying for things yet. Also, a good deal of the applicants are at least for now untested incompetents for whom cooking breakfast is an impossible notion. Its small wonder that so many fail at the first hurdle in a proper formal application.

With experience you'd all be capable of landing straight offers,and without batting your eyes.

put another way, some of you guys will be soooo much better at 25 than at 17.
    I'm 24

Almost there then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dentalprodigy)
    This is true, the % of people getting 4 rejections is even higher for dentistry!
    Yet you still manage to get 4 offers. I think you're just showing off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloemo14)
    http://www.ucas.com/about_us/stat_se...bles/hesubject

Using the figures from the Applicants & Applicants accepted, 37.9% got an offer for '10 entry. Admittedly, that's combined with dentistry, but it is roughly the quote figure.
    I might be being exceptionally stupid here, but doesn't that table say that the were fewer applications for combined arts than there were acceptances?!?

Could just be another blonde moment for the thread...

ReputationRep:
    I believe it's from the Medlink Conference, so blame Nottingham if it's wrong
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I just did a stat check on the 2010 applicants from the UCAS site. 54% of applicants got zero offers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whyisthatcrazy)
    Yet you still manage to get 4 offers. I think you're just showing off.
    Well...what can i say. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mckinnon94)
    I just did a stat check on the 2010 applicants from the UCAS site. 54% of applicants got zero offers.
    oh damn!

methinks when the 2011 figures come out....its going to be a helluva lot higher....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harbour Seal)
    I'm 24

Almost there then!
    ahhh, in a few months you can start building yer new world empire of evil, macca. and say things like 'MINION!!'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gizmo!)
    ahhh, in a few months you can start building yer new world empire of evil, macca. and say things like 'MINION!!'
    PHNARHAHAHAHAHAHA!

(I already have one minion, should be easy to create mooooooooooooore)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusilero)
    I believe it's from the Medlink Conference, so blame Nottingham if it's wrong
    Nothing to do with us, old bean. They just rent the space.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.