Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    After living away from home for the past year, just about to move back in with my mam for over the summer. Totally dreading not having my own independence Anyone else feel the same?

ReputationRep:
    It'll be worse at the end of your 3rd year with nowhere to go, no job and no money...

ReputationRep:
    True True

So I should enjoy having somewhere to go?

ReputationRep:
    It'll be nice to have a break from doing things for myself all the time (cooking, cleaning etc.) but I might feel a bit restricted after a while due to being used to a lot of independence.

ReputationRep:
    Oh god i'm so looking forward to it! Having my mum do the weekly shop, and my washing! But tbh i'm out all the time at home anyway, so it's not like i'm not independently living. Oh, and the double bed awaits!

ReputationRep:
    You should look forward to being home - cooked food, washed clothes, clean house etc.
    First summer back is always going to be weird because you have seen so much and maybe changed a little over the year at university but no reason why you should be dreading it.
    Also, BeautifullyTragic has a point, 3rd year will be worse so make the most of knowing what is happening next while you can

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.