Turn on thread page Beta

"People who say they dont want to get married secretly do want to get married" watch

ReputationRep:
    That's bull****. Why is it so hard to believe that their is actually people out there who dont want to get married?

ReputationRep:
    I've never heard anyone say that, thus what exactly are you ranting about?

Got a source or link that states people who say they don't want to get married, secretly do want to get married?

ReputationRep:
    I want a child, and a woman to sex with, but I ain't paying for no wedding.

ReputationRep:
    i thought the thread title meant,

people who dont want to get married secretly, want to get married

ReputationRep:
    Each to their own. Some believe marriage doesn't change anything and view it as pointless, therefore why would they want to get married if they had a genuine commitment to their partner and wished to remain with them for the rest of their life anyway?

ReputationRep:
    Marriage is outdated and oldfashioned.

I'm not saying it's terrible and I'll never do it, but I see no sense in rushing into it like some people do.

If I really find the right person and am at the stage where we're living comforably together and thinking about or having kids, maybe, just maybe.

ReputationRep:
    it's probably because most girls who say this are normally into their late teens and think they're going to make it a big in whatever field they're in etc... but then a lot of the girls who say they don't will then meet a guy they love, or just want more from their life than their career by then and will look to marry.

(Original post by xobeauty)
    That's bull****. Why is it so hard to believe that their is actually people out there who dont want to get married?
    Agreed.

Marriage is not a necessity for life!

ReputationRep:
    i never heard that before. i used to want to get married but not anymore!

ReputationRep:
    I don't see the point in saying whether I will or will not get married. I don't know what's going to happen in the future.
    I might get squished by a bus tomorrow so why would I worry about this crap? xD

ReputationRep:
    I say I don't want to get married and I don't secretly want to, to me it's kinda pointless and to be honest, there are plenty of unmarried couples who last just as long as married ones and are just as happy. Marriage isn't the be all and end all of life....

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 19, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.