Turn on thread page Beta

My boyfriend basically told me, that at some point he will want to be single and sleep around with a lot of girls....

Is there any point carrying on when I now know are relationship has an expiration date for sure? Advice please

ReputationRep:
    FIRST!

Yes

Have you watched Cinderella backwards?

ReputationRep:
    Unless he was joking you should srsly dump him.

ReputationRep:
    I would say there is a point. I can only assume that you are young, and therefore are probably not making plans to marry this guy, so it is probably unrealistic to believe that you will always be together. Having said this, it may not have been the best thing for him to have mentioned these thoughts to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My boyfriend basically told me, that at some point he will want to be single and sleep around with a lot of girls....

Is there any point carrying on when I now know are relationship has an expiration date for sure? Advice please
    it was a bit silly for him to tell you that. but if he still loves you, it is still worth it to continue. it would be naive to think that young relationships do not have an expiration date. most relationships end-simple as. but that doesn't mean that you can't enjoy the time you still have.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 19, 2011

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.