The Student Room Group

I hate my dad

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Steevee
And presumptious people like you are idiots.

Firstly you've got no proof, just conjecture. Secondly, just how happy is your parents marriage? I don't mean to be crude, but if you're mum's not interested anymore, myabe that'd be a reason for him playing away? I know I'm gunna get neg for that but I feel it has to be said anyway.

Basically, before you put all the blame on him find out the actual situation.

Erm, what more proof do I need than email exchanges going on for months between him and a woman from work saying that he wants to meet her, he cares for her, he is asking her if she is unhappy in her marriage, he said he wanted to kiss her in the car and book a hotel. :s-smilie:

And, there is NO excuse for cheating, if he wants to leave my mum he should be a man and do it. Not lie to her and to all of us like we mean nothing to him.
Reply 21
Original post by Anonymous
Erm, what more proof do I need than email exchanges going on for months between him and a woman from work saying that he wants to meet her, he cares for her, he is asking her if she is unhappy in her marriage, he said he wanted to kiss her in the car and book a hotel. :s-smilie:

And, there is NO excuse for cheating, if he wants to leave my mum he should be a man and do it. Not lie to her and to all of us like we mean nothing to him.

I think you should tell your mom, I know I would. I think she would want to know, why would you let him continue to be with her then if he is cheating?
I don't know your age, but I'm assuming you and your sister live with your parents?

If you are deeply concerned about your parents, I would suggest talking to someone professional and not choosing to deal with it yourself alone. Doing so would only put you in the middle and trust me, having dealt with something similar in my family, it is a horrible horrible place to be. As children in the situation, you don't deserve to be in that position. I don't mean to sound like an old fart, but you're job is to go to school, make friends, work, have fun doing whatever it is you do with your life... not mediate situations like these.

Had I known then what I know now, this is the route I would have taken. Nothing says you can't talk to your dad, nothing says you can't talk to your mom, but you probably know your parents well and what sort of outcome might result. If it's going to cause a big cluster**** of deep hurt, hatred and violence in your family, I wouldn't want to be in the middle of that.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by Jepira4661
I don't know your age, but I'm assuming you and your sister live with your parents?

If you are deeply concerned about your parents, I would suggest talking to someone professional and not choosing to deal with it yourself alone. Doing so would only put you in the middle and trust me, having dealt with something similar in my family, it is a horrible horrible place to be. As children in the situation, you don't deserve to be in that position. I don't mean to sound like an old fart, but you're job is to go to school, make friends, work, have fun doing whatever it is you do with your life... not mediate situations like these.

Had I known then what I know now, this is the route I would have taken. Nothing says you can't talk to your dad, nothing says you can't talk to your mom, but you probably know your parents well and what sort of outcome might result. If it's going to cause a big cluster**** of deep hurt, hatred and violence in your family, I wouldn't want to be in the middle of that.

Thank you :frown: No, I'm at uni.
Reply 24
Original post by Anonymous

:rolleyes:

I said maybe your Dad is unhappy in the marriage? Maybe your parents are staying together for your sake? Maybe they've agreed not to seperate or something.

Basically I'm saying, even if he is cheating, don't put all the blame on him. Who's to say your Mum's not had an affair you don't know about? Not that I'm saying she has before you neg me. Just saying that you have no idea of the wholoe situation so don't judge and hate him based on your little detective work.

Quick Reply