Turn on thread page Beta

Explain why all the original molecules of RNAase had the same tertiary structure

ReputationRep:
    The question really doesn't make that much sense.

agreed lol

ReputationRep:
    I don't know their structure but knowing the theory behind primary secondary and tertiary structure... RNAase sounds like an enzyme to me (I don't do Biology at A2). So... an all RNAase molecules will have the same chemical formula, same arrangement therefore same polypeptide chain sequences and same tertiary structure.

From the question I can assume that you had identical original molecules of RNAase and something happened to them to cause them to change tertiary structure (heating maybe?). You need to put the question in context.

Explain why all the original molecules of RNAase had the same tertiary structure
    Because they came from the same source maybe? Same organism / same can / same processes used to make all of them?

Really, it's like asking "explain why all the molecules in this tank of methane have the same chemical formula".

Hope my answer helps even a bit.

Michail

ReputationRep:
    yea thats because they're the same type of enzymes! All RNAases have a similar strcture because they comprise the same number, type & sequence of amino acids in their polypeptide chains...in other words a primary sturcture unique to that of RNAase; hence they undergo the same irregular bending & folding...

Aye and furthermore for the polypeptide to actually be an RNAase, it must have a very specific active site. As the shape of this active site is dependent on the tertiary structure, it follows that the tertiary structures must be the same.

ReputationRep:
    Yes...
    Reference to "R-groups" is important

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.