Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is it dishonest If I don't tell the girl I only want her for sex? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limesasquatch)
    Thats what god made them for, right?
    no God never made us to get used and abused by men!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I would tell her before you sleep with her, because she might be expecting a bit more than a shag!
    I mean, if you didn't tell her and she sleeps with you under the impression that a relationship will happen only to be dissapointed, she might go on a rampage and chop your balls off or something.

ReputationRep:
    No way man, keep it up

ReputationRep:
    If you meet in a nightclub at 5 am, you are both drunk, end up back at your place and end it with a stiff, uncomfortable hug the next morning, that is a one night stand.

If you meet at uni, in a spare time activity etc., and you show a particularly interest in her, she will assume it is that, an interest in her. It sounds like you just want sex, so it is better to go out and look for just that. You don't 'plan' a casual encounter. If you have spotted a girl at school you find hot, you'd love to sleep with her once but not again, then well, keep on dreaming. You can try to deliver it smoothly to her, but it has a low success rate. You cannot, however, lure her towards sleeping with you with the pretense of having emotions. That is the definition of an a**hole.
    Chances are, she has had/will have (at some point) an ONS/f-buddy, but they just arrive when they're there, when she feels like it, it usually doesn't happen after some guy comes up to her and asks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathematicsKiller)
    Hey! That could be my future wife that he's trying to hump like a filthy mutt.
    Who knows?
    http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...:0&tx=91&ty=72

ReputationRep:
    You are asking this in the vain hope that someone will make you feel better by agreeing that it isn't dishonest.

ReputationRep:
    of course it's dishonest..... you do something like this to a woman and you wonder why guys get a bad rep...

ReputationRep:
    The question that comes to mind is: are you a **** for only wanting a girl for sex, or are you, in actual fact, a massive ****?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Lollo*)
    If you meet in a nightclub at 5 am, you are both drunk, end up back at your place and end it with a stiff, uncomfortable hug the next morning, that is a one night stand.

If you meet at uni, in a spare time activity etc., and you show a particularly interest in her, she will assume it is that, an interest in her. It sounds like you just want sex, so it is better to go out and look for just that. You don't 'plan' a casual encounter. If you have spotted a girl at school you find hot, you'd love to sleep with her once but not again, then well, keep on dreaming. You can try to deliver it smoothly to her, but it has a low success rate. You cannot, however, lure her towards sleeping with you with the pretense of having emotions. That is the definition of an a**hole.
    Chances are, she has had/will have (at some point) an ONS/f-buddy, but they just arrive when they're there, when she feels like it, it usually doesn't happen after some guy comes up to her and asks.
    Somewhere in between. I did meet her in a club, we exchanged numbers and went seperate ways I then bumped in to her again later on by accident and she asked me back to hers. We didn't have sex though. She's ridiculously hot and has said she like me so it's seems rude to not atleast have one go, but on the otherhand I dont want to hurt/upset her.

ReputationRep:
    "I'm not looking for anything serious but you're ridiculously hot" could work, see what she thinks of that?

ReputationRep:
    If you have sex with someone in a way they haven't consented to, I think you're treading a very fine line towards it being rape. If you took money off someone under false pretenses (telling them that you had a service you were going to give them and then never did, for example, like an eBay seller who never delivered on it) it would be fraud; if you actively tell someone that you fully plan to have a loving relationship with them if they'll just let you sleep with them, then, when you personally know full well that you have no intention of delivering on this, I don't see how it's not wrong. If you withhold something from someone that would have meant they wouldn't have consented to sleep with you if they'd known it, you are coming very close to having raped them.

That said, if you've not said to her 'yes, just sleep with me now and then I'll love you forever!' and not made any promises you intend to break, I don't see anything that wrong with it. You should be clear that it's a one-off, though.

ReputationRep:
    Do her, then tell her. As shes bawling use those tears as lube and jerk off.

ReputationRep:
    uuuh... ****ing tell her. Nothing wrong with a shag, but be clear on your intentions.

ReputationRep:
    Is it me or is the OP a complete moron?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purebeauty)
    no God never made us to get used and abused by men!!!!!!!!!
    it was sarcasmmm

sorryyyy x

jeeeez

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kerily)
    If you have sex with someone in a way they haven't consented to, I think you're treading a very fine line towards it being rape. If you took money off someone under false pretenses (telling them that you had a service you were going to give them and then never did, for example, like an eBay seller who never delivered on it) it would be fraud; if you actively tell someone that you fully plan to have a loving relationship with them if they'll just let you sleep with them, then, when you personally know full well that you have no intention of delivering on this, I don't see how it's not wrong. If you withhold something from someone that would have meant they wouldn't have consented to sleep with you if they'd known it, you are coming very close to having raped them.

That said, if you've not said to her 'yes, just sleep with me now and then I'll love you forever!' and not made any promises you intend to break, I don't see anything that wrong with it. You should be clear that it's a one-off, though.
    I'm sorry but it's nowhere near rape and the eBay comparison is ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kanyewest)
    I'm sorry but it's nowhere near rape and the eBay comparison is ridiculous.
    How so?

If you have sex with someone who didn't want to have sex with you, that's pretty much the definition of rape. So if you have sex with someone under false pretenses, and they wouldn't have slept with you unless you lied to them, that is pretty close to rape, because they didn't want to sleep with the person they actually slept with.

I also think the idea of supplying something under false pretenses is pretty applicable to be honest :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kerily)
    How so?

If you have sex with someone who didn't want to have sex with you, that's pretty much the definition of rape. So if you have sex with someone under false pretenses, and they wouldn't have slept with you unless you lied to them, that is pretty close to rape, because they didn't want to sleep with the person they actually slept with.

I also think the idea of supplying something under false pretenses is pretty applicable to be honest :dontknow:
    They would have still wanted to sleep with the person at the time though, you can't sleep with someone then wish you hadn't and say it's more or less rape.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kanyewest)
    They would have still wanted to sleep with the person at the time though, you can't sleep with someone then wish you hadn't and say it's more or less rape.
    as true as this is, and its very true that it would be nothing like rape, at all. It would still be very dickish to let her think you wanted more and I really think you should just tell her and see if she wants the same. chances are if you met her in a club and she asked you back to hers she does anyway, how come you didn't sleep together then?

and just to reiterate; your right its nothing like rape at all and saying it is its just plain insulting to anyone whos had to endure actual rape and everything that comes with it

ReputationRep:
    It wouldn't even count as sexual assault, unfortunately. Just taking advantage. I dunno. A girl has gotta be smart. I wouldn't have sex with a guy and expect a relationship without some sort of affirmation. It would be a bit presumptuous, but thats just me.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.