Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ballermobil watch

Everyone has a car that they consider a bosswagon. The car that you see and instantly know that the guy driving it is a big swinging D, a true boss.

For me, it has to be the BMW 760li. I had one fly up behind me today and I just about sharted my pants. Those monster kidneys and menacing angel eyes demand that you move the **** over. I now realize what James May was talking about when he described the 760li as the "BMW Move Over Poor Person"

There's also something terrifying about a 2 ton car that can do 0-60 in just over 4 seconds.

Ford mustang 90's 5.0

L322 Range Rover

but Not the RRS - which is rather too essex / footballer for it's own good

Currently, I think the BMW 760li is probably the best "get out of my way, prole" car that there is.

Never thought that the L322 looked particularly menacing...although if one came barrelling up behind you, I guess you'd move over sharpish.

I think the best example ever is the W140 S600 - purportedly the Russian Mafia's car of choice back in the day. This one belonged to my Dad a few years back, and reckon it pretty much embodies the thread title as it was built like a tank:

I'd vote for my old Jag.
    It was big, grey, and looked like it'd been attacked with a hammer.

I had one mong block it in one day - he pulled up imediately after I pulled up about 3 inches off my back bumper. I told him that i'd need to get out before him in the morning and would he create a bit of space for me. I was essentially met with "**** off". My response was "You can either move it yourself, or i'll have to back into it and move it for you tommorow morning.
    He moved the astra.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 22, 2011
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.