Nursing Soc Watch

This discussion is closed.
Subcutaneous
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
someone remind me why im putting myself through this again?
Becky_90
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Subcutaneous)
someone remind me why im putting myself through this again?
You're certainly not alone in that feeling. I often feel it would be so much easier to pack the whole thing in and question why im really doing it in the first place.
Subcutaneous
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Becky_90)
You're certainly not alone in that feeling. I often feel it would be so much easier to pack the whole thing in and question why im really doing it in the first place.

1st year was so much fun, i had loads of friends- and it was really easy and all placements were new and exciting etc

2nd year- I have a FAB placement to look forward too in march but all i can think about is my essays to do, and revision and how little I know about it all..loads of my friends have dropped out, and i'm tired 24/7 and I just want to be qualified now
Holamigo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
1st year was so much fun, i had loads of friends- and it was really easy and all placements were new and exciting etc

2nd year- I have a FAB placement to look forward too in march but all i can think about is my essays to do, and revision and how little I know about it all..loads of my friends have dropped out, and i'm tired 24/7 and I just want to be qualified now

Just think - it WILL be worth it in the end! And your already in 2nd year! so not long to go!
Subcutaneous
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Little moan- but when is the mod going to sort out this forum, or atleast post the thread they said they would? Ive had a trawl through but OMG there is so much mess, if i could sort it out I would! Theres threads for nursing applicants 2010...but then people making threads about 'OMG IS ANYONE GOING TO ST WICKES UNIVERSITYYYYYY' it needs condensing! Plus anyone seen the lolilicous thread from Nurse207...apparently after less than 5 months on the course, he considers it easy and assignments a waste of time, then comes on here and complains about failing one..:rollseyes:

Oh and to top it off we have the joys of psychobetty joining us and apparently as she 'knows' people this will help her in getting a place, and people are jealous...

what is this place coming too?!!!
Hygeia
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Little moan- but when is the mod going to sort out this forum, or atleast post the thread they said they would? Ive had a trawl through but OMG there is so much mess, if i could sort it out I would! Theres threads for nursing applicants 2010...but then people making threads about 'OMG IS ANYONE GOING TO ST WICKES UNIVERSITYYYYYY' it needs condensing! Plus anyone seen the lolilicous thread from Nurse207...apparently after less than 5 months on the course, he considers it easy and assignments a waste of time, then comes on here and complains about failing one..

Oh and to top it off we have the joys of psychobetty joining us and apparently as she 'knows' people this will help her in getting a place, and people are jealous...

what is this place coming too?!!!
I had 2 assignments due in today (including my research protocol) so have had a busy couple of weeks and was taking a break this afternoon and planning on posting the thread tomorrow afternoon - I haven't forgotten!
Subcutaneous
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Hygeia)
I had 2 assignments due in today (including my research protocol) so have had a busy couple of weeks and was taking a break this afternoon and planning on posting the thread tomorrow afternoon - I haven't forgotten!

Ok now i feel super guilty

1. That you were uber busy
and
2. I have an assignment to do too and should be doing it instead of moaning
Subcutaneous
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Just finished what can only be described as one of the most boring essays EVER written..gonna go to bed with a glass of wine as i deserve it now! Thankgod its done!
Subcutaneous
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
eeek, we have a nurses vs physios netball match in 45mins, wish us luck in defending the honour of nursing!!
phoebo
Badges: 0
Report 8 years ago
hi

Im starting mental health nursing in september really excited but really nervous

I hope its ok for me to post here
herbal bug
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by phoebo)
hi

Im starting mental health nursing in september really excited but really nervous

I hope its ok for me to post here
hey
post all you want.

and great choice of course!! not that i'm biased :ninja:
Subcutaneous
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Holamigo)
1) What do/don’t you like about the forum?

I don't really like that much about it - I suppose I like how you can get Info straight away from the bursary thread.
The way it's organised really annoys me. I've stopped using it as much now because It's just a mess and full of people asking the same questions.

2) The forum name and description – do they work?

I think it works ok! Although It took me ages to first find it for some reason! I think maybe people are just confused on where to post and you need to make it more clear.

a. If you don’t think they work, can you suggest anything that would work better? For Nursing to have a separate forum.

b. Also, which courses do you think should be in the subforum?

Nursing.
Physio's
Healthcare

3) What are the most frequently asked questions in the forum?

- Diploma/degree
- Bursary
- Interviews
- Questions about current student nurses - Holidays, their timetable etc..

a. In the medicine forum, these questions are dealt with in a forum announcement of FAQ and using megathreads (with an informative first post and all similar questions then being merged with this thread). Would this work in Healthcare and Nursing? Which threads would be useful?

Yeah it might work. ^ above threads.

b. Organisation in general – any ideas on how we could improve organisation in the forum?

Just move threads that are constantly being asked over and over.

4) Stickied threads – at the moment there are 7 of these in the subforum. From observation, if there are more than about 3 in a subforum, they tend to be ignored.

Yeahh I must admit I tend to ignore most of them - except for the bursary one. a. So, which do you think are most useful? Are there others which are needed?Bursary, Diploma & Degree Info, interviews.

5) Thinking about the wiki for healthcare and nursing
a. What do you think of it at the moment?

I have never read it...

6) Are there any improvements or changes you'd like to see in the healthcare and nursing forum in general? Any suggestions?

It really needs to be sorted out. Less stickies and i'm sick of the same questions being asked nearly every week. About the Bursary or diploma and interviews.

wow. I'm off to have a cup of tea![/QUOTE]

Oh wow not long till you start now!!! I remember you asking about leaving your nutrition course :moon:
Holamigo
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

Oh wow not long till you start now!!! I remember you asking about leaving your nutrition course :moon:

A year and 3 months - It's gone bloody fast hasn't it!
I can't wait to just get started now!! Sick of working at the care home full time

I'm having a wholee week off next week before I start woo
Subcutaneous
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

Oh wow not long till you start now!!! I remember you asking about leaving your nutrition course :moon:[/QUOTE]

A year and 3 months - It's gone bloody fast hasn't it!
I can't wait to just get started now!! Sick of working at the care home full time [/QUOTE]

oh you'll get sick of it soon enough! I like having theory and placement blocks tho, been in theory now for 3 months and am really getting fed up- want to get out there, and I know 12 weeks after being on placement i'd want to get into theory again lol
Holamigo
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
oh you'll get sick of it soon enough! I like having theory and placement blocks tho, been in theory now for 3 months and am really getting fed up- want to get out there, and I know 12 weeks after being on placement i'd want to get into theory again lol
Probably will! But i'll force myself to stick with it!

So you're on placement 3months & have theory 3 months?

In my Uni it will be 6 weeks theory & 6 weeks placements! I like the way it's set out for nursing - Glad its not just all theory and not all placement...
Subcutaneous
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Probably will! But i'll force myself to stick with it!

So you're on placement 3months & have theory 3 months?

In my Uni it will be 6 weeks theory & 6 weeks placements! I like the way it's set out for nursing - Glad its not just all theory and not all placement...

roughly thats how it works yeah, I have my big 12 week acute care placement first, and then 2 6 week ones at the end of the year...it all goes very odd in 2nd and 3rd year with theory/placement, you get more reading and study weeks
Holamigo
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Oh this has been moved!

That's good that you get more reading/study weeks in 2nd and 3rd year!!

I've got my last day in work tomorrow before I start my course! (even though i'm gonna still be working the odd weekends when I get the chance!!)
Everyone is acting like i'm leaving and giving me hugs & stuff! I will miss it but i'm happy to move on at the same time!
I've learnt SO much working in a care home and i'm glad i've worked there before starting because I didn't have a clue this time last year how to do personal care - and I used to worry that i'd find it hard! But it's not even that bad.
Subcutaneous
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Oh this has been moved!

That's good that you get more reading/study weeks in 2nd and 3rd year!!

I've got my last day in work tomorrow before I start my course! (even though i'm gonna still be working the odd weekends when I get the chance!!)
Everyone is acting like i'm leaving and giving me hugs & stuff! I will miss it but i'm happy to move on at the same time!
I've learnt SO much working in a care home and i'm glad i've worked there before starting because I didn't have a clue this time last year how to do personal care - and I used to worry that i'd find it hard! But it's not even that bad.

why has it been moved?! :confused:
Becky_90
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Oh this has been moved!

You'll be fine.
Before starting my nursing i had barely any care experience (aside from helping out with family members here and there), i walked into my first palcement openly telling them i had nothing and they were great about it. Really great with helping me get to grips with the essentials and now they come as second nature. Besides every place does things differently, its like starting a new job every few months!
Subcutaneous
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Becky_90)
You'll be fine.
Before starting my nursing i had barely any care experience (aside from helping out with family members here and there), i walked into my first palcement openly telling them i had nothing and they were great about it. Really great with helping me get to grips with the essentials and now they come as second nature. Besides every place does things differently, its like starting a new job every few months!
I always hate the first week of placement..dreading next week as aswell as a whole new 'area' i'll be working in theres going to be new machines, new ways of doing obs, admissions etc
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    School of Education Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1439)
79.72%
Leave (366)
20.28%

Watched Threads