Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Chester Uni i'm driving there everyday atm - not sure whether to move out come summer time though. As it takes 45mins - 1 hour to get there!

Haha I bet in 2 months It will be different! We got fitted for uniform on first day yey.

We have just had talks about really boring stuff so far! I will go on placement 24th May! but it's only for 4 weeks!

I thought i would be in uni 6 weeks & placements 6 weeks but it's a lot different to what I thought!

ahhh i hate it when people wee on you... haha not nice. I was getting this man ready once and he goes 'i'm dribling' so i looked straight at his mouth and nothing was there then I heard & felt him peeing on my foot! haha

ReputationRep:
    Urgh...PDP assignment!
    Stupid useless thing!

Rant over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becky_90)
    Urgh...PDP assignment!
    Stupid useless thing!

Rant over.

I'm assuming one of the p's mean either 'professional' or 'portfolio' lol
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Urgh...PDP assignment!
    Stupid useless thing!

Rant over.
    Professional Development Portfolio?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Happy_Holidays)
    Professional Development Portfolio?
    Yup.

We've to do 3, linked with all the personal reflections, references etc and nil motivation to get going with it. Horrible thing!

ReputationRep:
    Yup.

We've to do 3, linked with all the personal reflections, references etc and nil motivation to get going with it. Horrible thing!

I had a 1000word one to do in 1styear, and in second year its..wait for it...2500 words, its ridiculous, basically me saying why my evidence links into an outcome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Subcutaneous)
    I had a 1000word one to do in 1styear, and in second year its..wait for it...2500 words, its ridiculous, basically me saying why my evidence links into an outcome
    Mines a 1,500 word. And it is indeed ridiculous!

ReputationRep:
    Mines a 1,500 word. And it is indeed ridiculous!

it's such a ridiculous concept, evidence is tedious as it is without having to write an essay about it.

BTW, I'm attempting my first ever nursing standard practice portfolio piece..you know they have these articles, and you work along with it, and produce a bit about what you learnt and soemtimes they get published, but you still get this certificate of 'learning' about that topic, ive decided to do it about CVP as i came across it for the first time on placement on friday...!

ReputationRep:
    I have got a job I am so happy just waiting to hear when I start. Getting nervous now and excited at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca L)
    I have got a job I am so happy just waiting to hear when I start. Getting nervous now and excited at the same time.
    Oooh congrats! What type of work is it?

ReputationRep:
    It is an oncology ward and that is what area i did my managment placement and it is part time but i dont mind that.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations

ReputationRep:
    It is an oncology ward and that is what area i did my managment placement and it is part time but i dont mind that.

congrats, everyone has told me to try and get a job where ive done management, it makes the transition a lot easier etc

Hope you settle in well! Has your pin come through?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Subcutaneous)
    congrats, everyone has told me to try and get a job where ive done management, it makes the transition a lot easier etc

Hope you settle in well! Has your pin come through?
    yeah my pin came through within 2 weeks of sending for it. just got to wait for a start date now

ReputationRep:
    yeah my pin came through within 2 weeks of sending for it. just got to wait for a start date now
    Ooh so exciting

ReputationRep:
    wow thats so quick!

ReputationRep:
    ahh i've got so much work to do already I'm really not good with writting assignments & the referencing bit :/ Also we have to do a presentation sooon - i hate them even more!

haha I knew i'd regret saying I wanted to start the actual lectures. . .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holamigo)
    ahh i've got so much work to do already I'm really not good with writting assignments & the referencing bit :/ Also we have to do a presentation sooon - i hate them even more!

haha I knew i'd regret saying I wanted to start the actual lectures. . .
    You'll soon find a way of working things for you.
    Whats your presentations about?

ReputationRep:
    You'll soon find a way of working things for you.
    Whats your presentations about?
    ah hope so. I really struggle with writing essays - I'm having a dyslexic test soon because in my last uni I did one that came out that I was but I was too embarassed to get any help! This time I think i'm gonna need it - sick of struggling.

It's just a poster - they already give you the template you just have to change it. So sounds fairly simple, it's about evidence based practise - you pick a subject like handwashing and describe about the evidence that proves its the best way to do it.
    I'm just really gonna struggle with the reference side - it's like whatever you write now has got to be referenced! gonna take me a while to get used to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holamigo)
    ah hope so. I really struggle with writing essays - I'm having a dyslexic test soon because in my last uni I did one that came out that I was but I was too embarassed to get any help! This time I think i'm gonna need it - sick of struggling.

It's just a poster - they already give you the template you just have to change it. So sounds fairly simple, it's about evidence based practise - you pick a subject like handwashing and describe about the evidence that proves its the best way to do it.
    I'm just really gonna struggle with the reference side - it's like whatever you write now has got to be referenced! gonna take me a while to get used to it.
    Sounds like an idea, might aswell get some help if you're entitled.

Have you had a look at your school/course handbook? They tend to have guidelines for how they like you to reference things and examples etc so you can follow that.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 2, 2011

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.