Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This bloodi portfolio has taken over my life for the last two days. The sooner it is handed in, the better... i do not enjoy the sight of it at the moment :p:

ReputationRep:
    trying to bloody register today, friggen system crashed!! grrr.... but i got my timetable... not great tbh!! haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louise_1229)
    trying to bloody register today, friggen system crashed!! grrr.... but i got my timetable... not great tbh!! haha

welcome to second year!

Oh i'm feeling so old...I had my last lecture yesterday of one of my big 50credit modules, and its really sad to say goodbye to the lecturers for the last time, as i get new ones inb 3rd year for critical care

I've almost finished my law and ethics essay..AND am feeling a bit more better about my literature critique, so. NOT TOO BAD right now

I'm gonna be popping into my new placement tomorrow too to meet them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Subcutaneous)
    welcome to second year!

Oh i'm feeling so old...I had my last lecture yesterday of one of my big 50credit modules, and its really sad to say goodbye to the lecturers for the last time, as i get new ones inb 3rd year for critical care

I've almost finished my law and ethics essay..AND am feeling a bit more better about my literature critique, so. NOT TOO BAD right now

I'm gonna be popping into my new placement tomorrow too to meet them
    haha... its so annoying, in for an hour, 3 hour break, in for two hours...

ach well! only 12 weeks!!
    and our reg system has crashed, because i tried to change my classes to the ones i actually am attending, not the ones they for some reason put me down for, but who cares!! haha...

we don't really visit placements here, i wish it was the done thing --- cos i would! haha

ReputationRep:
    All my 2nd year modules have started to come though on my online uni stuff! Argh! Just a little bit more time off? Please!

ReputationRep:
    5000 word care study...
    5000 word literature critique...

I suck at critiquing literature... i'm ******.. i'm gonna fail and i haven't even started yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dani_88)
    5000 word care study...
    5000 word literature critique...

I suck at critiquing literature... i'm ******.. i'm gonna fail and i haven't even started yet!
    You'll be fine, good practice for your dissertation- frameworks help too. I've got mine due in in 5 weeks, not really started it yet!!! Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Subcutaneous)
    You'll be fine, good practice for your dissertation- frameworks help too. I've got mine due in in 5 weeks, not really started it yet!!! Lol
    How many words is the dissertation? (Am i going to regret asking that..)

5 weeks...crikey, better get cracking :p:

ReputationRep:
    yeh's are all scarein' the b-jesus out of me!!!
    but... i am still dying to get back :P haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dani_88)
    How many words is the dissertation? (Am i going to regret asking that..)

5 weeks...crikey, better get cracking :p:
    Depends, mine is 8000, but my literature review this year counts towards it, and thats 3500.

Honestly- you've got another year to worry about it! 2nd year helps to prepare you for 3rd so enjoy it....its us oldies who're entering 3rd year who've got to be ******** themselves lol

ReputationRep:
    Dear god what a bloody disaster, long story short all the computers in our house got an f-ing virus today!! Wouldn't you know it the day I get my lecture notes for Monday. It kind of got sorted once I erased the computer, but apparently I have erased my driver details - so no Internet actually bloody raging. Lucky enough can still get on facebook, here and e-mail on the iPhone... But still annoying as hell! Haha! Bring on Monday

ReputationRep:
    Last BB tonighr and im gonna miss the first hour whilst at work:mad:

ReputationRep:
    I have just applied for my masters and for my mentorship course, both of which are starting in jan, as I really miss studying and being a massive geek. But now I'm reading everyone's posts I'm starting to have second thoughts!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting 2nd year next week and I can't wait I've missed it lol.
    Just got timetable for the first week there - full of physiology lol so it should be interesting

ReputationRep:
    I like a good bit of physiology! lol

ReputationRep:
    Its my fave class lol Our lecturer is epic too, he comes up with really bizarre and amusing examples and anecdotes. Everyone thinks they're great but I think they confuse most people more than they help them...

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone. I want to join this society. I'm officially going to be an Adult Nursing student at King's College next week. I so can't wait!

ReputationRep:
    Omg, just finished what one can only describe as the most mind numbing and soul destroying assignment ever.

Picture this...3500 words on accountability and legal, ethical and professional issues surrounding negligence.

40 references

26 pages

and one very tired and grumpy student nurse during it.

However it is DONE...One more essay left of 2nd year to do I'm going to give myself the weekend off, and make a start on it monday

PHEW

ReputationRep:
    Congrats... I have all these delights to look foward too!!
    haha.... enjoy your w/e off

ReputationRep:
    Oh

I'm getting really worried now!

I'm down to go to a surgical ward as my next placement. They're expecting 5 students... but they're merging with Urology in 2 weeks (just before I get there).
    I went in to visit today, met my mentor, learnt all about what I need to be reading up on before I get there..
    Then I mentioned that if they're moving to Urology, what's happening with all the students, because Urology has 4 of its own going there... And she was like oh bugger.
    Rang uni, mentioned that I was there and I'd told her about all the students and said she could only take 5.
    Now i'm worried i'm going to be one of the ones that's being moved because the lady in charge of placements probably isn't going to be best pleased with me saying that to the ward when i'd already emailed her. But i was just generally wondering how they were going to manage potentially 9 students in one small ward!

Gah.

Surgery/Urology sounds really interesting as well.
    Frick sake. I hope I get to go there!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 2, 2011

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.