Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...&postcount=567

So un-necessarily rude..was only giving my opinion on a show! tut!

Silly kids...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Subcutaneous)
    AND I can't decide on a dissertation topic yet..which is really bad as i need to decide NOW!

Thought you had already decided what you were doing?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dani_88)
    Thought you had already decided what you were doing?!
    Yup but wasn't finding it very stimulating

ReputationRep:
    Yup but wasn't finding it very stimulating

Ah...
    Any new ideas / musings about what you might do?

Why don't you do it on something related to theatres/neuro..because at least then you'll be in the right place if you need help/advice from people?

(Or is that not how it works?!)

ReputationRep:
    Im having an absolute ball ache trying to decide on my elective!

I had my heart set on somewhere but it came back they dont take any students at all. So now i need to start from scratch and nothing just seems to get the same passion from me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becky_90)
    Im having an absolute ball ache trying to decide on my elective!

I had my heart set on somewhere but it came back they dont take any students at all. So now i need to start from scratch and nothing just seems to get the same passion from me.
    Same area of nursing...different hospital not an option?

ReputationRep:
    Ah totally loving A&E guys! I was pretty nervous before my first shift but I'm really enjoying it! I have always loved a good adrenalin rush though to be fair!!

Trying to start thinking about dissertation topics now because I know what i'm like, if i don't do it early enough, it won't get done on time haha!!

Thinking I want to do something within neonates but i'm not too sure yet any helpful hints?

ReputationRep:
    Same area of nursing...different hospital not an option?
    Ive thought about it, we can go anywhere with a registered nurse so i really want to use the opportunity to do something i wouldnt otherwise get to do. Its just a decision of what.

Besides can barely think about it because im stressing out over an assignment and the fact my emails keep constantly bouncing back!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyamy)
    Ah totally loving A&E guys! I was pretty nervous before my first shift but I'm really enjoying it! I have always loved a good adrenalin rush though to be fair!!

Trying to start thinking about dissertation topics now because I know what i'm like, if i don't do it early enough, it won't get done on time haha!!

Thinking I want to do something within neonates but i'm not too sure yet any helpful hints?
    Wait till 3rd year, you have plenty if time and by 3rd year you'll start to have a better idea of direction, plus you 2nd year is so important so focus energy into that.

A topic never emerges till you've spent weeks reading!!

ReputationRep:
    LAST EXAM AND OSCE DONE!!!! Woo! Just 2 assignments and a dissertation left now, phew!

Exam went well too, think I passed

Starting to get excited about placement now! Got a week if nights, new fob watch has arrived and uniform is getting washed. It's going so quick!

Not too sure what's happening with my placement after this one tho yet...

ReputationRep:
    LAST EXAM AND OSCE DONE!!!! Woo! Just 2 assignments and a dissertation left now, phew!

Exam went well too, think I passed

Starting to get excited about placement now! Got a week if nights, new fob watch has arrived and uniform is getting washed. It's going so quick!

Not too sure what's happening with my placement after this one tho yet...
    I've just got my management left and a couple of assignments.

I've also just had the National Student Survey on the phone and it's seeming very real all of a sudden!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perfect_Gent)
    I've just got my management left and a couple of assignments.

I've also just had the National Student Survey on the phone and it's seeming very real all of a sudden!
    Yeahh

I did mine a few weeks ago!

ReputationRep:
    Yeahh

I did mine a few weeks ago!
    I think they'd been trying to get me on the home phone for a while tbh as I had a few missed calls from them.

It proved a welcome distraction from writing though.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I've got my first job interview!! For ITU/HDU posts at the John Radcliffe hospital in Oxford

However the day compromises of 4 parts an interview, short answer questions, maths exam and clinical scenarios.

The job was advertised as sutible for those who are newly qualified, and those qualifying in 6 months (I qualify in 9..but applied on a long shot).

I'm not too worried about the maths questions or interview, BUT am worried about the clinical scenarios and written answers, purely as I don't know what to expect!

Any ideas? I'm aware that it won't be tailored to those who are already qualified and have experience as it WAS advertised to NQ. I'm really unsure what to expect from this!!

Help!!!

ReputationRep:
    congratulations on the interview. Top advice is for nearly all NQ jobs, they will ask a clinical scenario question. The answer is invariably "first I would ask for help from senior staff and nurse in charge". They might ask you about what ICU/HDU nursing is. An answer that I scored very well on by saying it is caring for a patients internal and external environment.

ReputationRep:
    I really want this job, you get to do a pgdip in critical care, loads of practice development that they offer along and seem really 'organised' if that makes sense. Plus after 18 months you go to a band 6 on the programme and get senior staff nurse status...not that money should be a factor but it is!!!

Job here:
    http://www.jobs.nhs.uk/cgi-bin/vacde...424.1299860850

It's just..perfect! Kinda bummed it's in Oxford, as it's SO expensive to live there tho

ReputationRep:
    I just can't believe I got shortlisted... I hate exams though, dont like I don't know what it'll be on!

ReputationRep:
    I just can't believe I got shortlisted... I hate exams though, dont like I don't know what it'll be on!
    Wow Anna that job sounds amazing!! Can't believe you get band 6 so soon :p:

Have you tried looking in different areas nearby to Oxford that are cheaper to live in and just commute...?
    I live about half an hour away from Oxford and it's much cheaper here!! My friend is on placement in Oxford at the moment and commutes without any problems..

ReputationRep:
    Wow Anna that job sounds amazing!! Can't believe you get band 6 so soon :p:

Have you tried looking in different areas nearby to Oxford that are cheaper to live in and just commute...?
    I live about half an hour away from Oxford and it's much cheaper here!! My friend is on placement in Oxford at the moment and commutes without any problems..
    Whats the nightlife like?

I really want to stay in nottingham as my friends are here...and i'm worried about, well moving and not having any friends for a while!!

ReputationRep:
    Whats the nightlife like?

I really want to stay in nottingham as my friends are here...and i'm worried about, well moving and not having any friends for a while!!
    Nightlife here isn't amazing.. but we have all the usual suspects ... yates, lloyds, spoons, hob, vodkarevs etc.. and a few clubs and there's a uni here so it's not so bad really... just not as good as Sheffield so i'm biased :p:

If the job is right though, go for it... at the end of the day if you're outgoing enough you'll make friends wherever you go :p: Chances are this job will take one more than 1 NQ so you can all make friends and friends through friends etc...

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 2, 2011

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.