Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    A diploma is kinda cheaper...less intensive but I dont think that there is much job prospects after it..Indeed the admission's lady said that it was just a stepping stone for people who wanted to get onto a masters!!

A master is really intensive (or so I hear) and more expensive..but the prospects are much better..

I dont really have that much money for a masters... and If I did go for it Id have to take a gap year..and Ive done so already before I started my degree

HELP!!!

What do you think I should do?

ReputationRep:
    Diplomas are design to allow you to move into a different subject area from your undergrad, i really dont see the point unless you are planning on doing a masters after the diploma.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah & reviresco is right also.

Diploma is just a stepping stone in getting a 'masters' in another field other than the one you previous studied at undergraduate level

Masters can be really expensive, especially from the top 5 institutions e.g an Msc economics & econometrics 'masters' from LSE is between the range of £15,000 - £20,000 compared to somewhere like Birmingham or something only charging just over £5,000 or even less

So the only reason why you should do a diploma is because you want to go into another field completely different from your previous 1

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.