Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    According to facebook....

"By default, a changing selection of friends always appears under the "Friends" heading in the left column of your profile. The selection includes many friends who you publicly interact with the most. Examples of public interactions include Wall posts, comments and mutually attended events"

In my case however, my wall is set to private and no one can post on my wall, make comments, and also I do not attend events. In fact, my facebook activity is limited to adding friends and accepting friend requests. With that, how does facebook decide who appears in my friends column? Can I say that those friend that appear on my friends column viewed my facebook profile? I based this theory from the fact that if an attempt is made to post on a wall, they would eventually have to click the person's the facebook profile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polly_en)

"By default, a changing selection of friends always appears under the "Friends" heading in the left column of your profile. The selection includes many friends who you publicly interact with the most. Examples of public interactions include Wall posts, comments and mutually attended events"

In my case however, my wall is set to private and no one can post on my wall, make comments, and also I do not attend events. In fact, my facebook activity is limited to adding friends and accepting friend requests. With that, how does facebook decide who appears in my friends column? Can I say that those friend that appear on my friends column viewed my facebook profile? I based this theory from the fact that if an attempt is made to post on a wall, they would eventually have to click the person's the facebook profile.
    No, only Facebook has access to how many people viewed your profile. There is no way for you to find this out. It'll probably just be random friends or ones with the most mutual friends.

ReputationRep:
    To change back to normal, scroll to the bottom of the news feed, click edit options and then change the selection to all friends

ReputationRep:
    why even have facebook..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Delaney)
    No, only Facebook has access to how many people viewed your profile. There is no way for you to find this out. It'll probably just be random friends or ones with the most mutual friends.
    No, facebook doesn't keep track of how many times people view others profiles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesyB)
    No, facebook doesn't keep track of how many times people view others profiles.
    They probably do, but they'll never make the information public.

(Original post by polly_en)

It sounds like your Facebook is a weird ego trip for you. What's the point in having it?

ReputationRep:
    I actually find that they are the people who's profiles I view the most.. but then again they're also the people I talk to the most haha. But it would include comments, likes etc so it's what's on their walls as well as yours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norfolkadam)
    It sounds like your Facebook is a weird ego trip for you. What's the point in having it?
    Most of the people I know who have FB use it as one big ego trip.

ReputationRep:
    Why bother using Facebook if all you're going to do is add people and not comment? :facepalm2:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.