so did i not get into queen mary?? Watch

This discussion is closed.
fionah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I had the interview last wednesday, they didn't make me an offer on the spot like some ppl here, and i've not heard from them yet.. I will be kind of embarrassed if I don't get in but it looks like that might be happening? Does anyone know?!!
fionah
Rep:
?
(Original post by fionah)
I had the interview last wednesday, they didn't make me an offer on the spot like some ppl here, and i've not heard from them yet.. I will be kind of embarrassed if I don't get in but it looks like that might be happening? Does anyone know?!!
*bump*
sneezyme
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hey don't worry my friend had an interview at queen mary's for english too and she didn't get an offer on the spot either, but she says nobody who went on her day got on offer on the spot. she heard from them wks later and they lowered her condition to BBB, so don't worry no news is good news!
fionah
Rep:
?
(Original post by sneezyme)
hey don't worry my friend had an interview at queen mary's for english too and she didn't get an offer on the spot either, but she says nobody who went on her day got on offer on the spot. she heard from them wks later and they lowered her condition to BBB, so don't worry no news is good news!
Aw that's made me feel a little better ta. Do you know if her condition was points based or those specific grades? I was hoping it'd be points, so I can do well on my easy subjects and f*@# up psychology which I am taking in a yr!! Heh.
starry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Aw that's made me feel a little better ta. Do you know if her condition was points based or those specific grades? I was hoping it'd be points, so I can do well on my easy subjects and f*@# up psychology which I am taking in a yr!! Heh.
Good Luck on your wait. I'm sure it will be good.
fionah
Rep:
?
Hmm.. :/
Will I receive news straight from QM or thru ucas?
sneezyme
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
you will hear from both. check your track progress it will say there first.
Trigga
Report 16 years ago
wat kinda questions do they ask? i got an offer from city, brunel and queen mary? dont no wer 2 go? help!
Mowgli
Report 16 years ago
EZ. i went marys the other week on the history english day. like the uni. @ trigga they just ask u why u like the uni and ask if u have any questions a nd what interests u etc... all the usual stuff.
prolly saw sum of u english heads there.
fionah
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mowgli)
EZ. i went marys the other week on the history english day. like the uni. @ trigga they just ask u why u like the uni and ask if u have any questions a nd what interests u etc... all the usual stuff.
prolly saw sum of u english heads there.
Ah yes that was when I went, did u have an interview then as well??
fionah
Rep:
?
Whyyyyy oh whyy don't they just get back to me?

my interviewer LIED> "we'll be getting in touch with you very soon"

Oh I may as well just accept i've been rejected by queen mary.
Trigga
Report 16 years ago

how did the interview go? did u reallly **** up? wat wher your estimated grades? and what is the course requirement? . They very rarely reject applicants who have reached the interview stage.
fionah
Rep:
?
(Original post by Trigga)
how did the interview go? did u reallly **** up? wat wher your estimated grades? and what is the course requirement? . They very rarely reject applicants who have reached the interview stage.
I don't THINK I really ****ed up :/ but it was my only interview so I guess I might have thought I did better than I actually did..

My estimated grades were AAA, the requirement is between 300 and 370 points.

But it's been since the 21st January and I've not heard a thing. LYING INTERVIEWER LED ME TO BELIEVE THEY WOULD BE IN TOUCH SOON!!!

Trigga
Report 16 years ago
I don't THINK I really ****ed up :/ but it was my only interview so I guess I might have thought I did better than I actually did..

My estimated grades were AAA, the requirement is between 300 and 370 points.

But it's been since the 21st January and I've not heard a thing. LYING INTERVIEWER LED ME TO BELIEVE THEY WOULD BE IN TOUCH SOON!!!

Is QM your 1st choice? iv got my interview this weds, any tips wuld be grateful?
fionah
Rep:
?
(Original post by Trigga)
Is QM your 1st choice? iv got my interview this weds, any tips wuld be grateful?
No kings is my first but the offer is a bit scary (ABB) so I really wanted QM to offer me BBB or similar points score to go down as my insurance. I don't suppose I am the best person to offer advice on interview technique, apart from the usual = be nice, ask questions, express interest for your subject.. that sort of thing.
FunkyTeenAngel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i wldnt worry if i were u. remember that ur not the only applicant for englsh and queen mary's and paper work does take time. n e way if u got accepted to kings then im sure QM will accept u. j try not to stress.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Queen Mary take ages anyway, they told me they'd give me an offer and took two months about it. So long as you don't appear dumb or disinterested you'll get an offer.
fionah
Rep:
?
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
Queen Mary take ages anyway, they told me they'd give me an offer and took two months about it. So long as you don't appear dumb or disinterested you'll get an offer.
Yoooou bethnal green resident just made my day, thanks
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yoooou bethnal green resident just made my day, thanks
Glad of it. You'll get in I'm sure (Queen Mary needs the funding too), and the English department is one of their big assets, after Engineering.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (388)
67.24%
No (189)
32.76%

Watched Threads