Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Different shapes and sizes are everywhere. But is there a size where they are too big? Too small? Unattractive? What size is too small, too big or just right?

I've been concerned about the definition of these for ages. It's particularly hard when you're at school. You keep comparing yourself to other people. Others look at you in different ways, sometimes even ***** about it. For example, a 32E. Is anything exceeding a D or DD cup too much? I'd just like your opinions on this matter.

ReputationRep:
    Firm is all i ask!

ReputationRep:
    It depends more on the figure of the person I'm afraid. That is always going to be the way.

The main problem I have with slightly larger breasts is finding nice but cheap bras. Its easy to find horrible ones cheaply, or ones that don't fit very well but if you want looks and quality you can spend £40 easily somewhere like Bravissimo... I would much rather have about 32B than my 32E personally, just so I can buy all the pretty sets available in high street shops everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    Good sizes:

size doesn't matter, only the shape and firmness does.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the person, their size, build, height etc

And cup alone doesn't tell you the volume

e.g. volume of 32D, 34C and 36B are all equal

And 32D is much smaller than 36 or 38 D.

A 32B will be much smaller than a 36B

The band matters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by girlwithsharpteeth)
    It depends more on the figure of the person I'm afraid. That is always going to be the way.

The main problem I have with slightly larger breasts is finding nice but cheap bras. Its easy to find horrible ones cheaply, or ones that don't fit very well but if you want looks and quality you can spend £40 easily somewhere like Bravissimo... I would much rather have about 32B than my 32E personally, just so I can buy all the pretty sets available in high street shops everywhere.
    Same situation here (me being your size). I just can't find my size along the shelves in shops like New Look. Sad face.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a 32FF, so I can't buy sets in high street shops. I have to make sure I get good quality bras to prevent gravity doing its work. I spent £58 on two bras the other week. It's a necessity though. I'm willing to pay that to ensure I have enough support.

And there's no one size that is considered too big or too small. It's all about proportion. I'd say I'm slightly top heavy, but not so it looks silly. It's when they're increased to massive sizes so they become disproportionate. Prime example: Jordan.

I can't say my boyfriend complains about them. :rolleyes: However, preferences vary, but I don't think people are that picky in general when it comes to breasts.

ReputationRep:
    Some guy once told me that anything more than a handful is a waste

ReputationRep:
    I'm a 36F and I seriously don't look like it. I'm a size 14/16 in clothes anyway so I'm not a skinny minnie in any way!

I've found that Ann Summers and ASDA are the best places for me to get bras. ASDA for the cheap every day ones and Ann Summers for nice sets

A friend of mine is 26G and she really struggles with the size of her chest and finding underwear. She's on the waiting list for a reduction since they're screwing up her back and she can't breathe properly when she lies down and such

Oh, and have a look at http://www.investinyourchest.co.uk/ my friend's girlfriend runs it and it's got all sorts of underwear bits and bobs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkxangel)
    Good sizes:

size doesn't matter, only the shape and firmness does.
    The Kim Kardashian and the one next to her (presumably indian), it looks like the face has been photo shopped onto the body.

ReputationRep:
    It's all about proportion: they should ideally be roughly the same size as her head.

It all depends on how they are in proportion with the inidividuls body. 32E isn't as big as people think it is (as its my size) There is no size too big, or too small really (unless you go stupid with surgery)

I know someone who is a 38J, but they are in proportion with her body so they look fine.
    So long as you wear a good supporting bra with a larger size, get measured reguarly then they will stay firm and defined. Chest exercises help too.

ReputationRep:
    I think we need moar pictures

ReputationRep:
    I'm a size 12 and a 34E personally I'd like my cup size to be smaller because it attracts waaay too much attention.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelWest)
    Some guy once told me that anything more than a handful is a waste
    Wrong! As long as they fit your body shape and are nice and firm any size is good in fact I prefer slightly bigger than normal !

ReputationRep:
    God I love boobs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mintmocha)
    The Kim Kardashian and the one next to her (presumably indian), it looks like the face has been photo shopped onto the body.
    probably has been airbrushed too much, i'll get a better pic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkxangel)
    probably has been airbrushed too much, i'll get a better pic.
    I agree with your sentiments tho-size doesn't matter. (:

ReputationRep:
    i'm a 34b and i love my boobs! i don't give a toss if no one else thinks they're the perfect size!xx

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the figure... my boobs have always suited my figure and they tend to grow/get smaller when i lose or put on weight. When I was very very slim a B looked good, when I was at my perfect weight and a lil curvy I loved my Es but when I was heavier I hated my F/Gs but still looked good in relation to my figure

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.