Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Breast Sizes - good and bad? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Why is TSR so intent on trying to make other people feel insecure?

Guys what do you think of stretch marks?
    Am I too fat?
    Guys what do you prefer, blonde or brunette?
    Breast sizes - good and bad?

Jeez, give it a rest!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieDoughLove)
    Why is TSR so intent on trying to make other people feel insecure?

Guys what do you think of stretch marks?
    Am I too fat?
    Guys what do you prefer, blonde or brunette?
    Breast sizes - good and bad?

Jeez, give it a rest!
    Well @ TSR everyone wants an answer. Yeah they may be negative half the time but that's why they're there! So then people answer with things like: it doesn't really matter what size/hair colour you are...etc etc etc

ReputationRep:
    There aren't any 'good' or 'bad', it depends on the person. I have a friend who has a very tall, willowy shape and her A cups suit her perfectly, she'd look ridiculous with massive boobs. I'm smaller and have an hourglass figure, so with small boobs I'd look out of proportion and silly.

It's a pain in the butt to get bras though, I'm getting to a size that they don't even make anymore! :eek: Plus what's with bras being extremely expensive just because my boobs are big!? I bet if they started charging more for size 18 clothes, there's be outcry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkxangel)
    x
    Ha, I love your pic post, spot on. All boobs are great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whispercally)
    Same situation here (me being your size). I just can't find my size along the shelves in shops like New Look. Sad face.
    same here, being a 30G it used to be literally impossible to find bras that were my size, that i could afford as a kid who got no pocket money, and then lived off miniumum wage and now student style money-spending XD

was SO happy when a senza started stocking bigger sizes! granted they don't always have them in but nice bras, and not toooo expensive, and they FIT. glorious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick Longjohnson)
    God I love boobs.
    EVERYONE loves boobs.

ReputationRep:
    as long as her chest is bigger than mine, there is no issue at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    It's a pain in the butt to get bras though, I'm getting to a size that they don't even make anymore! :eek: Plus what's with bras being extremely expensive just because my boobs are big!? I bet if they started charging more for size 18 clothes, there's be outcry.
    They should charge for 18+ really, unless you have diabetes or some other serious health issue which makes you put on weight then its your own fault you need more material for your clothes. I'm not sure I consider addiction to fast food/chocolate/crisps etc a health issue either, just before you fatties go trying to think I believe that to be an excuse lol.

As for boobs well bigger is generally more fun but then you can get some small ones which just look great as well. Its more a combination of the girl and the boobs, rather than sperating the two. Big boobs suit some, small boobs suit others, there are some girls who would look good with big boobs but dont have them though, no one is perfect though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CameraGirl)
    same here, being a 30G it used to be literally impossible to find bras that were my size, that i could afford as a kid who got no pocket money, and then lived off miniumum wage and now student style money-spending XD

was SO happy when a senza started stocking bigger sizes! granted they don't always have them in but nice bras, and not toooo expensive, and they FIT. glorious.
    I'm the same size as you, and bloody hell I agree, it's difficult to find bras! Why do bras just stop at DD, do they expect us all to have small boobs?! Urgh it annoys me. So much. Debenhams and House of Fraser have started doing 30Gs in makes like Gossard and Wonderbra.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simstar)
    They should charge for 18+ really, unless you have diabetes or some other serious health issue which makes you put on weight then its your own fault you need more material for your clothes. I'm not sure I consider addiction to fast food/chocolate/crisps etc a health issue either, just before you fatties go trying to think I believe that to be an excuse lol.
    I'd disagree because sometimes I have to buy size 12/14 tops (I'm usually an 8-10!) and bikini tops in size 16 when I have a 25inch waist so that I can get my boobs in them, some women may buy size 18s for that reason. The point is though, why am I charged more for bras when I cannot help it?! It's bloody ridiculous. They go on about how large breasts are meant to be attractive and then they stop most bras at a DD, wtf? If size 18 clothes were more expensive, people would get annoyed about it, yet they can charge more for larger cupsizes even though we can't help it. I'm naturally slim so you can't even use "you have big boobs because you're overweight", it's just silly really. All bras should cost the same (in the same design obviously).

As for boobs well bigger is generally more fun but then you can get some small ones which just look great as well. Its more a combination of the girl and the boobs, rather than sperating the two. Big boobs suit some, small boobs suit others, there are some girls who would look good with big boobs but dont have them though, no one is perfect though.
    Totally agree with this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Plus what's with bras being extremely expensive just because my boobs are big!? I bet if they started charging more for size 18 clothes, there's be outcry.
    Exactly!! If you went to a shop and they said 'Sorry, we don't make clothes any bigger than a size 16, people would go crazy! But yet most high street stores will only go up to a D/DD. Ridiculous!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachelll=))
    Exactly!! If you went to a shop and they said 'Sorry, we don't make clothes any bigger than a size 16, people would go crazy! But yet most high street stores will only go up to a D/DD. Ridiculous!
    I know it's so unfair! It's not even as if we can change having larger breasts (realisticly). It really irritates me, I'm only 16 and I've never been able to get a bra for less than about £20 like all my friends, plus pretty bras in my size are so damn awkward to find! I really don't see why shops stop at a DD, especially as 40% of women are above a D cup! Urgh this is something that really annoys me lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Future)
    Depends on the person, their size, build, height etc

And cup alone doesn't tell you the volume

e.g. volume of 32D, 34C and 36B are all equal

And 32D is much smaller than 36 or 38 D.

A 32B will be much smaller than a 36B

The band matters.
    This!
    The number of times I've said I'm a D cup and people insist that I'm not because "D cup is huge, and your flat"...
    I'm a 30D and I'm a ballet dancer so my boobs aren't much bigger than this; http://content.foxsearchlight.com/si...ie_ballet2.jpg
    !

ReputationRep:
    What exactly is this thread going to achieve? Aside from making girls more self concious over their bust size :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahthegemini)
    What exactly is this thread going to achieve? Aside from making girls more self concious over their bust size :sigh:
    Well every girl is already conscious about their breasts aren't they? I'm young and I'm allowed to ask a question to get a response from others...

ReputationRep:
    There's no right or wrong answer to this! My boobs are 36D at the min. I've lost a bit of weight (was previously 38D) and my boobs seem a bit bigger, because my frame is (only slightly) smaller. My friend's a 32D and her boobs seem MASSIVE but the cup size is actually exactly the same as mine, I can wear her bras with one of those back extention jobbers.
    It really does depend on the shape and size of the girl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whispercally)
    Different shapes and sizes are everywhere. But is there a size where they are too big? Too small? Unattractive? What size is too small, too big or just right?

I've been concerned about the definition of these for ages. It's particularly hard when you're at school. You keep comparing yourself to other people. Others look at you in different ways, sometimes even ***** about it. For example, a 32E. Is anything exceeding a D or DD cup too much? I'd just like your opinions on this matter.
    Yeah, I would personally consider D to be big, maybe DD cup to be too much though, don't think I've seen a DD cup around that I'm aware of, maybe that's just me though, AA is too small I think, quite a bit of people are A cup so I don't think that's too small...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scireamortente)
    Yeah, I would personally consider D to be big, maybe DD cup to be too much though, don't think I've seen a DD cup around that I'm aware of, maybe that's just me though, AA is too small I think, quite a bit of people are A cup so I don't think that's too small...
    This is a bit mean, especially as cupsize is relative to the backsize. So a 38C is going to be bigger than a 32D. A DD isn't really big anyway. I think it's quite harsh to say some people's boobs are 'too big', you're going to make some of the girls with bigger busts feel bad.

All these girls are in proportion and lovely, none of them have breasts that are too big or too small. It goes from A-G.

ReputationRep:
    Not gonna post my size but I'm totally happy with what I have.

Mainly as they're completely in proportion with the rest of my body. They're not big, but any bigger I don't think it would look right!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    This is a bit mean, especially as cupsize is relative to the backsize. So a 38C is going to be bigger than a 32D. A DD isn't really big anyway. I think it's quite harsh to say some people's boobs are 'too big', you're going to make some of the girls with bigger busts feel bad.

All these girls are in proportion and lovely, none of them have breasts that are too big or too small. It goes from A-G.
    I guess I know what you mean, but I was really stating my opinion about this, I've never really come across really big breasts so I can't really say anything I guess . I do feel for big breasted people, I've heard that it can hurt especially when you run and stuff. Anyway for years I've been the too small variety so I guess I was a bit unsympathetic I guess in the other direction, that's all.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.