Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was watching Dragon's den and this guy had come up with his updated version of the Rubik's cube, which looked really good. The entrapeneurs were impressed and in the end, 2 of them took 15% of the project each giving £50,000. The creator of the puzzle said that his invention was better than the rubik's cube as the rubik's cube was easy to solve. All you have to do is change around the stickers. That hit me as my younger brother was starting to do that a few days ago before we stopped him, when in fact, he was just using his brains tosolve the puzzle an untraditional way.
    So, my question to you guys is that have you ever changed around the stickers to complete the puzzle or thought about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I was watching Dragon's den and this guy had come up with his updated version of the Rubik's cube, which looked really good. The entrapeneurs were impressed and in the end, 2 of them took 15% of the project each giving £50,000. The creator of the puzzle said that his invention was better than the rubik's cube as the rubik's cube was easy to solve. All you have to do is change around the stickers. That hit me as my younger brother was starting to do that a few days ago before we stopped him, when in fact, he was just using his brains tosolve the puzzle an untraditional way.
    So, my question to you guys is that have you ever changed around the stickers to complete the puzzle or thought about it?
    you know.. its quite disturbing... but I dont think I have ever played with a Rubik's cube :s:

ReputationRep:
    I've solved it the normal way... then i mixed it up... change 5 of the stickers and gave it to my dad

ReputationRep:
    I just couldn't get it back, so i swapped the stickers. I was never going to solve it, and the disordered colours were making me uncomfortable.

ReputationRep:
    There are methods/tips of solving it posted on the internet.

During my last year of high school, there was a "fad" for solving it by using the "proper" method.

ReputationRep:
    I've solved it the proper way. In 1 minute, 21 seconds.

And I've also done the rubik's revenge (4x4x4), which is far more interesting to do. Haven't bothered timing myself for that yet, as I haven't got a perfect algorithm. Need to look at it again, actually...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SlyPie)

During my last year of high school, there was a "fad" for solving it by using the "proper" method.
    I have this funny-shaped one. pun intended

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K'uin K'ra)

And I've also done the rubik's revenge (4x4x4), which is far more interesting to do. Haven't bothered timing myself for that yet, as I haven't got a perfect algorithm. Need to look at it again, actually...
    some guy done it on GMTV in 14 seconds....

thats scary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SlyPie)

There were instructions on howto do it on the box, but is that only effective if you do it from the start. What if the cube is all muddled up?

ReputationRep:

here have a biscuit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluent in Lies)
    here have a biscuit

http://www.sillyjokes.co.uk/images/p...dodger-big.jpg
    Why, thank you.

I would rather have a cookie...

ReputationRep:
    I didn't change the stickers but instead ripped the thing apart and reassembled it (the blocks just click in so I didn't break it).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atalanta)
    I didn't change the stickers but instead ripped the thing apart and reassembled it (the blocks just click in so I didn't break it).
    There's an option which I have put in the poll especially for you.

ReputationRep:

Do you not have like... better things to do? :p: although clearly it doesnt occupy much of your time

ReputationRep:
    it is hilarious watching some one try and solve it if you've messed up the stickers

and if they do solve it and they say they done it properly... you know they lieing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    Do you not have like... better things to do? :p: although clearly it doesnt occupy much of your time
    Hm.... I do have a degree to do, I suppose. And my plans for world domination. Today, my room. Tomorrow.... most likely still my room. But one day...

ReputationRep:
    I watched Dragon's Den too - that guy with the flushing toilet thing was hillarious. Proper Northern eco warrior guy versus 5 poshish multimilionaires haha.

And I've played with a Rubik's cube, just never completed it. I have a sneaking suspicion that my brother had already prised off most of the stickers and re-arranged them before giving it to me though! lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    There's an option which I have put in the poll especially for you.
    haha! Awesome!

ReputationRep:
    i hate dragon's den... some rich people are fine, they have got what deserved but dragon's den is full of rich people who have often just got lucky and seem to think they are the dogs *******s... 90% of them would not succeed if given a second life yet they seem to think they are amazing... at least with lawyers and investment bankers you get the feeling they are genuinely clever people....
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I've solved both the 2x2, 3x3 and 4x4... Still working on the 5x5 cube though

Cue embarrasing photo of collection:
    Attached Images

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.