Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    you know.. its quite disturbing... but I dont think I have ever played with a Rubik's cube :s:
    no, me either. although i voted to what i would do if i did.

hey stu. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Did you know you can get a Coldplay version?

See here.

ReputationRep:
    we do now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxhayleyxx)
    we do now.
    £20 though. Bit expensive.

ReputationRep:
    true, you could always make your own. print some pics off google and stick them on the squares! see bargin!

ReputationRep:
    I can never do them, not even the really eeny ones. I must just not have a rubik brain, boo

ReputationRep:
    You should be able to vote for more than one, as I ahve ripped it apart (if I am honest I threw it at a wall), taken of the stickers and solved it all by myself!!

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't vote for 'threw it on the floor in a huff' so I voted for changing the stickers. Silly invention.

ReputationRep:
    I have done the last one... it was a pretty easy cube to decontruct and click back together...

ReputationRep:
    Solved one! Don't remember how though.
    I've never watched Dragon's Den but it always looks good. Would you recommend it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supercat)
    Solved one! Don't remember how though.
    I've never watched Dragon's Den but it always looks good. Would you recommend it?
    I only watched the last one, but from what I saw, it looked really good.And I like it when you get that odd one or 2 good inventions, which leaves the entrapeneurs fighting over each other to help the inventor. I especially liked the guy in the last one who got 2 dragons to help him. Good character he had. So, yeah, I would recommend it as I found the last one pretty interesting and am intending to keep watching the show.

ReputationRep:
    There's a girl at my school who can complete a Rubik's cube in about a minute... and she does...

ReputationRep:
    heres a vid of me doin one in bout 24secs if anyone actually cares.. http://www.strangepuzzle.com/videos/...ewis 24.14.wmv

ReputationRep:
    i have changed round the stickers and broken it apart in order to complete it! guess that makes me the ultimate cheater. rubik's cubes are just so damn infuriating and i'm rubbish at them. yet i always seem to get one for christmas! it'slike my friends and family are mocking me!

ReputationRep:
    done it the proper way! with 2 young kids trying to jump on my back and trip me over

ReputationRep:
    Are you talking about this chap? He's turned down the money.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/4463570.stm
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Trousers)
    Are you talking about this chap? He's turned down the money.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/4463570.stm
    Hold on - aren't there existing Bedlam cubes? I got one for my tenth birthday :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princess Ana)
    Hold on - aren't there existing Bedlam cubes? I got one for my tenth birthday :confused:
    I thought it looked familiar too. Maybe someone who actually watched the programme could tell us...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nickylew)
    heres a vid of me doin one in bout 24secs if anyone actually cares.. http://www.strangepuzzle.com/videos/...ewis 24.14.wmv
    Mad props :cool: Very cool. Is that a hobby of yours or just something you learnt to do randomly? I'm inspired!

I don't think I've ever solved one, despite looking at algorithms on the internet. Can't say I've ever dismantled one either, I always give them a go without cheating but always get beaten by them so give up.

*Goes to look for Rubik's Cube*
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Trousers)
    I thought it looked familiar too. Maybe someone who actually watched the programme could tell us...
    It may be the same chap - I looked through his online shop, and the "retro puzzle" looks rather like the one I had.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.