The Student Room Group

Sumbitting evidence for Parents separation?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by User1020116
Hello Guys,

Just thought I would drop a quick note to say I was in exactly the same position several years ago parents seprated for 9 years + but not divorced. Missy22 is right about the council tax thing because that is what we did and it saves a heck of a lot of time and effort in regards to trying to sort out a letter that isn't free. Bloody student finance get right on my wick they don't advise people on the best methods of gaining evidence. Good luck I hope it gets sorted for you x

P.S. Ring the council and they should be able to help you out when you explain

Hi I'm going through this right now.
My parents are divorced and I live with my mom so it's her household income. I'm unsure if she'll be able to find anything about the reduced council tax thing but my dad may. Could I send his proof in or does that discard the whole point?
Reply 21
how did you get on with this as im going through more or less the same thing but its myself that was married
Reply 22
Original post by jbart
how did you get on with this as im going through more or less the same thing but its myself that was married

I know you can get a letter from your solicitor who dealt with you divorce which will work for evidence. I'm still struggling with this because my mom's solicitors only keeps the files for up to 6 years and it's been 16 D; if you find any other way while trying to sort it out for you let me know! I hope this way works for you though
I’m kind of going through a similar situation. My parents are still legally married however my dad just doesn’t live here anymore. Would student finance accept evidence showing that my mum is the only one on the council tax? as proof I only live with her
Hi all, if you are struggling to provide marital evidence then we advise you/your sponsor to complete the Marital Status Declaration Form http://ow.ly/d/8nhE - if you/they can't provide evidence listed on the form then you/they should write in detail why evidence can't be provided. I advise sending this form instead of paying a solicitor because a solicitors letter can be expensive.
Thanks, Isaac.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending