Turn on thread page Beta

What do you think of this dress? watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dorothyperkins.com/webapp...&resultCount=1

would you say its suitable for everyday casual wear? and what age group would you say would wear this?
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    Like most dresses, it would look better on the floor. :yes:

I think it's okay. Would it look good on you? :holmes: I don't know.

ReputationRep:
    I like it! It's something I'd say was suitable everyday. :-)

ReputationRep:
    Looks fine for everyday

But wait...it's 100% viscose.... no thanks

ReputationRep:
    I think it's lovely looks really good with black leggings like they've shown it there as well. Age wise...late teens/early 20s maybe? I can't see many people below 6th form wearing it, but there's a sort of freshness to it that is really nice so not too "grown-up" either.

ReputationRep:
    Nice dress, would look nice with a skinny brown belt where it rouches in the middle, and i dont like rouching!
    With black tights and heels, or gladiator sandals Enjoy!!

Abbi xoxo

ReputationRep:
    it's a lovely dress which would look good for day. and you can dress that up for nights out. just add some glam accessories and heels. i've never shopped at dorothy perkins though because i don't normally like their stuff.

ReputationRep:
    It looks like it'd be OK for casual wear but it's kinda ugly. Reminds me a bit of a school pinafore, don't know why.

ReputationRep:
    oooh i have this
    i wear a brown waist belt with it...gives it more shape
    and yeah it needs more accessories

ReputationRep:
    I personally wouldn't just wear it alone with leggings. It looks kinda plain. But it could look really nice with some accessories and nice shoes.
    Teens/Early 20's

ReputationRep:
    can be very nice to wear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hallex)

would you say its suitable for everyday casual wear? and what age group would you say would wear this?
    thanks
    it looks cheap and ill fitting.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure about it, maybe it would look good with a blazer and heels? But it makes the mannequin look too skinny (so isn't that flattering)

ReputationRep:
    Meh, it's completely non-descript, imo. Plain and so unflattering to most body shapes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hallex)

thanks
    I like it, I would wear it for casual everyday wear, I'm terrible at ages though, like i said i'd wear it and i'm 24.

ReputationRep:
    i actually really like it, but you'd have to add accessories and/or a waist belt or it'd look too plain. it's the kind of thing that could be dressed up for going out too, if you teamed it with the right stuff.

ReputationRep:
    suitable for every day? yes but do not wear it if you have pale skin. it would make you look like a nurse on holliday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknownking321)
    Like most dresses, it would look better on the floor. :yes:

I think it's okay. Would it look good on you? :holmes: I don't know.
    Just had to get that out of the way first?

The dress is okay, but the length seems a little awkward-- too long to wear with leggings but shorter than I would normally wear as a dress. And I wouldn't pay that much for it.

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't wear this and the colour would make me look washed out.

Also it looks shiny and cheap but it may look nice in real life. Also it looks rather short-more a tunic rather than a dress. Depends how tall you are.

With a belt, opaques and nice shoes + necklace it can be dressed up nicely.

ReputationRep:
    Don't add accessories like waist belts or wear it with leggings like everyone has been saying, because that will cheapen it so much.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.