Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

Anyone here doing AQA AS Biology? Because if so, I could use a massive favour! Basically, my text book has been nicked by someone at school (thanks for that :rollseyes:) and I desperately need to use some information from the textbook to make a presentation.

If anyone were kind enough to do so, can someone scan in the pages I need? I would love you forever! I need chapter 15.1, forgotten what it's called, but I specifically need the DNA hybridisation bit which runs onto the next page.

Thanks so much x

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    This?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by should be revising)
    This?

No.. Nelson Thornes

ReputationRep:
    I have this book. I can scan this for you but not yet. Around evening time if that's okay with you?
    What topics do you want?

EDIT: I' know the topic now ! Sorry aha
    I'll upload it in a couple of hours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EffKayy)
    I have this book. I can scan this for you but not yet. Around evening time if that's okay with you?
    What topics do you want?

EDIT: I' know the topic now ! Sorry aha
    I'll upload it in a couple of hours.
    You're a babe. Thank you Sooner than later would be great though! Life saver.

ReputationRep:
    Just revising this today, actually.

DNA split into two complementary strands, cooled, then heated again- two different specis strands will join together, and then split as temp rises- higher the temp, the more hydrogen bonds, and closer species are together.

it also has a bit on plants and the three genes they used to construct a phylogenetic tree of 365 plant families.

Also, serum from species A taken, injected into species B- B will produce antibodies for A's antigens, then serum from B mixed with serum from species C- precipitate formed through B's antibodies reacting with antigens from C similar to A. More anitgens in C similar to A, the more precipitate formed, and close they are related.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 19, 2011
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.