Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey I've got this dilemma with my college.

Last year I took maths chem bio and music, achieving abcd in the same order. I dropped BIO and Music, and took up As and A2 in economics, whilst carrying on maths and chemistry. Since I am continuing with maths and chemistry I assume my grades are automatically declined, due to retakes. However The college insist that I put down my AS Maths and Chemistry grades down, in my UCAS form. However I am pretty sure that I dont have to, so could someone tell me who's right?

Thanks
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Unless you specifically declined them then put them down

ReputationRep:
    I think that if you are retaking them then you put the date as june 2006 and you put the grade as pending. But if you aren't retaking then I think you just put down A and B.... Well That's just what I think....

ReputationRep:
    Juno and your college are right - you must put your AS Chemistry and Maths grades down, even though you're re-taking. If you wanted to decline your AS grades, you should have sent off to do this at the same time as applying for re-sits. You can, I think, still decline your grades if you don't want to put them down, but it will cost. Get in contact with your school's exam officer (if you have one) or the relevant exam board(s) straight away.

You should also enter on your form Chemistry and Maths A2 levels (along with the rest of your qualifications). Any exams you have yet to take should be put down as 'grade pending' as you haven't done them yet.

For post-results services and information: www.jcq.org.uk/attachments/published/194/Post Results enquiries booklet 2005-2006 FINAL.pdf

ReputationRep:
    You can decline grades?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by dukiegirl)
    You can decline grades?
    You have to do it before middle of September for August grades, or a similar deadline for March grades. And you can't decline GCSE grades.

ReputationRep:
    What exactly is the significance of declining grades? Won't everyone just decline their bad grades?

We don't have such a system here in Singapore, so i'm pretty curious.

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.