Too old for her? Watch

This discussion is closed.
ReadMe
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Hey everyone!

I'd really appreciate your advice on this one...

I've just turned 18 years old and I think I quite like this girl, but she's only 14. If we didn't have such an age gap then I think I probably would ask her out but I'm not so sure that I should given the difference in age.

You guys on this forum are really great, intelligent people - It'd really mean so much to me to have your opinions.

Thanks for reading this.
]{ingnik
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ReadMe)
Hey everyone!

I've just turned 18 years old and I think I quite like this girl, but she's only 14. If we didn't have such an age gap then I think I probably would ask her out but I'm not so sure that I should given the difference in age.

You guys on this forum are really great, intelligent people - It'd really mean so much to me to have your opinions.

Thanks for reading this.
wait a few yrs and see if u still like her. if u do, then course its gona b worth everything, but if u dont, wot wood the relationship hav bin worth? nothing much my grandparents wrre 10yrs apart
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
As long as your motive isn't pushing her into sex, then go for it. But the age gap will be a big problem, but if you can overcome it then that's great.
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hello? Shes 14 pal, switch on for a second here, that would mean a year 10, at 18, the unwritten rule is, year 11s are the youngest you can go for, unlucky mate.
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hey everyone!

Thanks for reading this.
age does not matter.If you both like each other go for it
TK
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i don't think age SHOULD be an issue, but obviously it is. If you really like her then i'd say go for it! Just remember you might want different things from the relationship and she's a minor.

good luck though

xxx
Dickie
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hey everyone!

Thanks for reading this.
isnt that pedophilia?
Custard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What about just seeing her a couple of times, like going up town, going for a meal, pictures etc. etc. And if you still feel strongly for her then maybe starting having a half relationship, she may annoy you to hell and back she may not. Don't pressurise her into anything. Just trust your self and if things start to go a little of track it may be time to give it up.
Me2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
well i'm 15 and my boyfriend is 18 in march, but i would go older, depends on her maturity, although i can't see my boyfriend going much younger
TK
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Custard)
What about just seeing her a couple of times, like going up town, going for a meal, pictures etc. etc. And if you still feel strongly for her then maybe starting having a half relationship, she may annoy you to hell and back she may not. Don't pressurise her into anything. Just trust your self and if things start to go a little of track it may be time to give it up.
he he - what's a half relationship?
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hey everyone!

Thanks for reading this.
I think it would depend on how mature she is for her age. As long as you dont pressure her into anything I guess it would be ok. If she said yes, i'd get both your parents consent before you take things any further.
Custard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
he he - what's a half relationship?
"Cin" each other, your allowed to snog other people, "C" other people, it kind of un-official. Not taken as serious as LTR. You call them your snog buddy. So overated but easier to keep going!
TK
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
"Cin" each other, your allowed to snog other people, "C" other people, it kind of un-official. Not taken as serious as LTR. You call them your snog buddy. So overated but easier to keep going!
new one to me - thanks for explaining though
]{ingnik
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
I think it would depend on how mature she is for her age. As long as you dont pressure her into anything I guess it would be ok. If she said yes, i'd get both your parents consent before you take things any further.
4 gods sake, dont have sex with her until shes 16. i meen im not an advocate follower of such rules, but with the age gap its important.
Custard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
new one to me - thanks for explaining though
Out of interest. How kinds of relationships do you know about? I mean you know about any I don't.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Out of interest. How kinds of relationships do you know about? I mean you know about any I don't.
nope - only relationships i know about are the ones where you are bf and gf and you're not allowed to snog anyone else
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hey everyone!

Thanks for reading this.
lol the guy who lives above me is thought of as discusting because his gf is 16.

no way...

but i was seeing a 19 yr old when i was 14...so i cant really say anything. and although i dont regret it...i wouldnt advise anyone else to do the same.

Love Katy ***
ReadMe
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Hey everyone.

Thanks so much for all your help and advice so far. It really feels like a huge weight being slowly lifted from my shoulders. Only problem is, the poll is so balanced so I've no idea what to do!

TK
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
well 2 more ppl have voted yes
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hey everyone.

Thanks so much for all your help and advice so far. It really feels like a huge weight being slowly lifted from my shoulders. Only problem is, the poll is so balanced so I've no idea what to do!

Hmmm... I've seen an 18 year old going out with a 13 or 14 year old before.

The guy's name was Tom. From his 18th birthday everyone called him Paedo though.

If you really really want to... go for it. Just remember how you felt when you were that age. But make sure you really really really fancy her first.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (807)
80.38%
Leave (197)
19.62%

Watched Threads