This discussion is closed.
Evil Muffin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ]{ingnik)
wait a few yrs and see if u still like her. if u do, then course its gona b worth everything, but if u dont, wot wood the relationship hav bin worth? nothing much my grandparents wrre 10yrs apart
I agree. Wait a few years (if that's possible) until you're older, so that the age gap won't feel as profound. Also, her parents might think that you're taking advantage of her because she's young, so you want to have them on your side. My parents have 9 years between them, and my stepmother and dad, 21 years. Although, my parents are divorced, and my stepmother and dad have a pretty rocky relationship!

4 years is nothing though. Good luck!
Me2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
asked my boyfriend whether he would and he said, quote: "no because the age gap is more than 25% of her age" :confused:
]{ingnik
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Evil Muffin)
I agree. Wait a few years (if that's possible) until you're older, so that the age gap won't feel as profound. Also, her parents might think that you're taking advantage of her because she's young, so you want to have them on your side. My parents have 9 years between them, and my stepmother and dad, 21 years. Although, my parents are divorced, and my stepmother and dad have a pretty rocky relationship!

4 years is nothing though. Good luck!
gd advice, congrats on 100th evil muffin
grace
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
in principle it sounds disgusting, however at 14 i had a 19 year old boyfriend...i guess i looked quite old for my age, but still...when i consider the fact that my first 'snog' was at the age of 12 with a 17 year old....! I guess it depends on HER and if she's a mature 14 year old
Evil Muffin
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ]{ingnik)
gd advice, congrats on 100th evil muffin
Thanks, its been fun! Hey, one more post to go yourself!
Infinity
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Ultimately the decission is yours. I'd wait a couple of years, 4 yrs isn't a great gap and age shouldn't matter, however w/ her at 14 and you at 18 it does make a difference. At 18 your more prepared to handle a relationship, at 14, while there are a handful that are mature, most are not ready for a relationship. I don't know what the laws are over there but over here your not gonna find to many 18 yr old guys that would date someone that young due to legalities and reputation.
emom100
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
depends how you really feel. if you are just after her cos you think she'll be an easy lay then don't bother. Alo are you at uni cos although i don't know why it just seems worse if there is a uni student going out with a 14 years old. Also, is she just 14 and you almost 19. IN contrast, if you're only just 18 and she's almost 15 the age gap doesn't seem so bad. You just have to work out if she is really worth it and if so then follow your heart. If not, don't mess with her or your own feelings.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Dickie)
isnt that pedophilia?
I was thinking that too. I'm sorry, but I don't care how much you like someone, unless you're both below the age of consent, then the answer is a solemn no. That is to say, if you were 16 and she was still 14, then maybe, but otherwise no.
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Me2)
well i'm 15 and my boyfriend is 18 in march, but i would go older, depends on her maturity, although i can't see my boyfriend going much younger
yeah but your 16 in Feb...so its only two years really. A year and 11 months to be precise.
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Me2)
asked my boyfriend whether he would and he said, quote: "no because the age gap is more than 25% of her age" :confused:
wow thats a pretty good way of determining it.
so at 18 the lowest you can go is 15.

that sounds about right to me.
iiikewldude
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ReadMe)
Hey everyone!

I'd really appreciate your advice on this one...

I've just turned 18 years old and I think I quite like this girl, but she's only 14. If we didn't have such an age gap then I think I probably would ask her out but I'm not so sure that I should given the difference in age.

You guys on this forum are really great, intelligent people - It'd really mean so much to me to have your opinions.

Thanks for reading this.
phedo
Niaya
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hi can i just ask something are you friends with this girl or have you just seen her around? do u actually no her name?
the g
Report 16 years ago
i'd hit it. 14 is legal in most places.
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I don't know any 14 year olds who would have the emotional maturity nessecary in order to cope with a realtionship with an 18 year old. I think you should also get permission from her parents if you really are that interested.
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
you're too old for her! No offence, but can't you get anyone your own age? :P
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I dont think there would be a problem with the age gap if you were both older, but as it stands there is a big maturity gap between 14 and 18 you are probably too old for her maturity wise. Also think how her parents would react people are so sensitive as seen by the reactions of people on this forum to these kind of relationships. it leaves you very open to being accused of abuse would her parents approve?
You really wouldnt want the stigma of being accused of sex offenses. Is she really worth it?
smaug
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by rednirt)
you're too old for her! No offence, but can't you get anyone your own age? :P
Agree with rednirt !! You're selling yourself short! Most fourteen year olds who go out with 18 year olds are in it mainly for the kudos. It gives them the satisfying feeling that theyre ultra mature for their age and makes their mates jealous. 18 year olds (lads that is who go out with 14 year olds are usually there cos theyve got someone who , if they were the same age, would be a bit out of their league in the looks stakes. Harsh, but true. In the process they make themselves look like immature ********s if they dont treat her well, and equally, immature fools, if they fall in love with the nymphet and she ends up doing the dumping - which she surely will !!
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by smaug)
Agree with rednirt !! You're selling yourself short! Most fourteen year olds who go out with 18 year olds are in it mainly for the kudos. It gives them the satisfying feeling that theyre ultra mature for their age and makes their mates jealous. 18 year olds (lads that is who go out with 14 year olds are usually there cos theyve got someone who , if they were the same age, would be a bit out of their league in the looks stakes. Harsh, but true. In the process they make themselves look like immature ********s if they dont treat her well, and equally, immature fools, if they fall in love with the nymphet and she ends up doing the dumping - which she surely will !!
lol yeah I can imagine some friends of this girl being majorly jelous when he picks her up in his car from school.

One of the girls at my school went out with a 26 year old when she was 17, she even admitted it was because he had money and a nice car that she found him attractive not for how he looked. Slightly differnt situation but its true that an 18 year old can very rarely offer a girl the same trappings as someone 5-10 years her senior similar to the 14 year old and 18 year old scenario.
Phaze
Report 16 years ago
it totally depends on her boobs. if shes got nice little boobs then yeah definately go for it, some 14yr olds can have some nice boobs. but if the bboobs aren't nice ones then nahh no way.
whynot
Report 16 years ago
c'mon man. whats wrong with you. you could practically be on knowledge and she could still attend elementary. wait for a few years.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (385)
67.07%
No (189)
32.93%

Watched Threads