ReputationRep:
    ...Or just me?

what is a 30 day shred

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by commandant)
    what is a 30 day shred
    http://www.ehow.com/how_5363883_do-j...day-shred.html

It's 'based on the principle of muscle confusion'... :erm:

OP, if you want to lose weight, exercise more and/or eat less. Don't buy into this money-making scam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chazsucks)
    ...Or just me?

OP

If you want to lose weight, exercise more and eat less. It's just a scam to make you buy into it. " Muscle confusion " .. oh gosh.

Toning your muscles = Losing weight, specifically fat

ReputationRep:
    Muscle confusion?

So my muscles have brains now? ****ing hell, no wonder they start complaining after those squats and deadlifts, most likely they're on strike!

ReputationRep:
    I'm cutting for 2 months, I dunno what this shred is lol

Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred is an awesome workout that will begin showing a difference in your body in about 5 days, and put you that much closer to a body like the super toned, super hot Jillian Michaels. This workout operates under the principle of muscle confusion, which means your development will not plateau, and you will see results fast. Muscles get accustomed to repetitive work-outs very quickly. Most people do not know this is happening, continue the ineffective work-out, and then get discouraged at the lack of progress. Work-outs like the 30 Day Shred use muscle confusion to tone and slim your body quickly and efficiently, and the end result is undeniably amazing
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Oh lawd

OP if you buy into this, you will learn nothing new (unless you're a complete newbie, but still naive for not knowing you can get good fitness information for free), it will just be marketed under something different and brainwash you into thinking it's somehow different.

Want to lose fat? Eat less

Want to put on muscle? Work out and make sure you are getting enough protein

End of thread

ReputationRep:
    what size free weights are you sposed to use do you know?

ReputationRep:
    Actually I know quite a bit about eating and exercise Generally eating less and exercising more isn't good for losing weight healthily because you tend to lose it too fast. You should lower your calories but if you exercise you should eat your exercise calories.

But then again I never mentioned anything about losing weight in my original post?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chazsucks)
    Actually I know quite a bit about eating and exercise Generally eating less and exercising more isn't good for losing weight healthily because you tend to lose it too fast. You should lower your calories but if you exercise you should eat your exercise calories.

Lolwut? All that's required is a deficit; this can be obtained through a combination of eating more and/or exercising less. I don't think many people have an issue with losing it too fast, if anything they want to speed it up by going on stupid 1000 calorie-per-day 'diets'. And... if you eat your 'exercise calories' you wouldn't lose any weight.

But then again I never mentioned anything about losing weight in my original post?

(Original post by Some article I found)
    Work-outs like the 30 Day Shred use muscle confusion to tone and slim your body quickly and efficiently, and the end result is undeniably amazing.
    Surely that's the claim they make about it? If you did want to lose weight, or wanted to get fitter, you'd be doing SS or C25K depending on your aims. You wouldn't be doing this.
    See above. The only person the 30-day shred benefits is the creator.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rufus_da_bear)
    what size free weights are you sposed to use do you know?
    You need to be clap-benching 500lbs and curling 200lbs.

It depends on your size. If you don't understand that then you should probably give up now.

ReputationRep:
    What the ****!

That is all!

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing it... although I'm not doing it to lose weight, just as an alternative to weights until I can afford my gym membership again

ReputationRep:
    im doing ittttt! i already go to the gym though, i'm doing this on top of the gym because i like being guided through the strength bits haha and i have nooo upper body strength so i've found the arm exercises pretty good!

ReputationRep:
    Jillian isn't even shredded LOL

How about the workout for homies http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbxEd...eature=related for the upper body (no gym needed)

ReputationRep:
    **** me, women with low self esteem will buy anything! I need to make a stupid workout DVD/program for fatties.

ReputationRep:
    have you actually watched the dvd though? whats wrong with it?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.