Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was out last night and on my way home I saw a group of lads smashed out of their faces kicking down bins, kcking bus stops and trampling on plants and generally being very loud and disorderly. I don't mean to sound like a prude or an old granny but I relly found their behaviour really appalling and very intimidating.

I'm at Manchester University and many of the students here are like this partiularly the lads.

Is your university full of wild / disorderly students like these?

ReputationRep:
    Did you say anything?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah all my mates are like that tbh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becky.fm)
    Yeah all my mates are like that tbh!
    What uni do you go to? Are all the studetns like that?

ReputationRep:
    Kicking? Back in my day we used to nick them and take them back to halls with us!!!

ReputationRep:
    Lol it's Manchester. What do you expect?

Oh and normally I don't approve of 'lol' but I felt it was necessary here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefan1991)
    Did you say anything?

No way!! They probably would have given me a load of verbal abuse and a kicking!! lol They the alpha male/ jack-the-lad, cocky type of guys so I wouldn't have dared cross their paths.

ReputationRep:
    You get them anywhere. Just leave them alone and you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah they're like that at Kent too. Rowdy prats.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophie K)
    No way!! They probably would have given me a load of verbal abuse and a kicking!! lol They the alpha male/ jack-the-lad, cocky type of guys so I wouldn't have dared cross their paths.
    Christ, they're just students, not chavs with nothing to lose. If they did anything like that they'd get kicked out. I doubt they'd hurt a girl anyway.

ReputationRep:
    When working class kids behave like that they are chav scum causing vandalism.

When its middle class kids at uni on the lash it's a laugh and being rebellious.

ReputationRep:
    They're students! They're all a bunch of scumbags!

ReputationRep:
    Some students find it hilarious to knock over our bins...and then leave them lying across the pavement. It seems pretty pointless, but when you're half-cut who knows what you find amusing. Plus the weird thing is I don't actually live near either university...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    From what I've heard this behaviour is quite common among drunk students (and of course, drunk students are in abundance!). Of course, not all students going out getting drunk are doing that sort of thing.

I didn't particularly notice this sort of behaviour at my previous uni, but then I never went out in the evenings :ninja:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.