Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I'm in my second year for IB now and the exams are in like 2 months. For me IB has been somewhat a horrendous course for me which and I'm currently just scraping by. I actually originally chose to do A-levels because I thought I wasn't capable of doing the IB - then I changed my mind at the last minute.

Thankfully I have had 4 achievable offers from my university choices and I'm waiting on the 5th reply. A small part of me thinks that I wouldn't have gotten those offers if I didn't do the IB (because of the rise in applicants and the fact that I don't really stick out much when it came to my statement/grades). I think that I should be regretful of something but I am not really. Apart from the course, the people I'm with are great and I have good memories. My only regret is that I should have started revising earlier, but lots of people think that.

Just wondering if anyone else is in a similar situation like me or has any regrets. :bunny2:

ReputationRep:
    I regret no putting in more effort during my IB years! One thing I'm damn proud of though is managing to do 0 hours of CAS

ReputationRep:
    Finished IB. Regret-- getting a 4 in SL Chem because I had to write 2+ papers on every exam day before that and had no time for a last minute review. :P

So check your IB exam schedules and make sure you don't get messed up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nunugab)
    I regret no putting in more effort during my IB years! One thing I'm damn proud of though is managing to do 0 hours of CAS
    You did NO CAS? ha i've just about got over the minimum hours so I'm satisfied. Plus my CAS supervisor is one scary lady.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Man of the Hour)
    Finished IB. Regret-- getting a 4 in SL Chem because I had to write 2+ papers on every exam day before that and had no time for a last minute review. :P

So check your IB exam schedules and make sure you don't get messed up.

ahh that's harsh I got the exam timetable about a week ago and I havn't really looked at it because it's like a massive list :confused:

but i will make sure i get the schedule right - thanks for the heads up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Novis)
    You did NO CAS? ha i've just about got over the minimum hours so I'm satisfied. Plus my CAS supervisor is one scary lady.
    Yepp, I believe my city was the only city to have 2 IB schools, so they merged them together and so we got a new CAS supervisor. And well yea I told my new one that I was already done and that my old CAS supervisor had already confirmed everything (which she had done without checking it out), so yeah pretty sweet hahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nunugab)
    Yepp, I believe my city was the only city to have 2 IB schools, so they merged them together and so we got a new CAS supervisor. And well yea I told my new one that I was already done and that my old CAS supervisor had already confirmed everything (which she had done without checking it out), so yeah pretty sweet hahaha
    what the hell? thats pretty awesome if I got to do that but im really jealous

i wonder how much useless crap ive done just so i can get those 150 damn hours signed off

to OP: i dont regret taking IB at all - i considered moving to another school just so i could do A levels cause our school only offers IB. But I stayed in the end 'cause I didn't really want to move schools or anything - and I've got some pretty nice offers for uni now And on top of all that I met my current girlfriend at a CAS trip so how awesome is that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kagesou)

i wonder how much useless crap ive done just so i can get those 150 damn hours signed off

to OP: i dont regret taking IB at all - i considered moving to another school just so i could do A levels cause our school only offers IB. But I stayed in the end 'cause I didn't really want to move schools or anything - and I've got some pretty nice offers for uni now And on top of all that I met my current girlfriend at a CAS trip so how awesome is that
    That's great! For CAS I'm currently going to badminton sessions - it's full of old people. Not sure if I'll find love there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kagesou)

Btw your UCAS choices are awesome!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.