Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering whether to go self-catered or semi. It's just I'm a veggie, and pretty fussy about healthy eating. I was wondering if anyone could give some examples of meals they've had? Also, is there an option for skimmed or soja milk?
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    If you're fussy I would go for self-catered. I was in semi-catered at Southampton and we would get a choice of three dishes (one of which was vegetarian) or a jacket potato with a choice of a couple of different toppings. Milk was usually semi-skimmed. It was functional rather than exciting, not fantastically healthy.

I didn't mind the food but dinner was served between 5.45 and 6.45pm which I found a bit restrictive, especially if I had lectures till 6pm. The system may be different at Hull, but I definitely enjoyed cooking and eating what I wanted, when I wanted after first year.

ReputationRep:
    I'm semi-catered at the Lawns currently, I'm not a vegetarian myself but I know people who are and I'd therefore recommend going self-catered. No more said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanMorris)
    I'm semi-catered at the Lawns currently, I'm not a vegetarian myself but I know people who are and I'd therefore recommend going self-catered. No more said.
    I was thinking of going semi-catered at the Lawns would you not recommend it? even for someone who cant cook haha.

ReputationRep:
    would never let the uni cook my food, esp at scarborough.. having to eat in the canteen with no chance of cooking for yourself... on a cooker/over anyway... terriblA

ReputationRep:
    first year at the lawns at the moment.
    Foods fine - obviously not amazing because they have to provide for so many.
    main option, snack option, healthy option and vegetarian option every night. then also a baguette and filling and baked potatoes and filling options.
    a hot pudding and selection of cold puddings.

If your vegetarian- they do cater for that with an option every night. I think they do advise if you have specific dietary requirements that you go self- catered.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I was semi catered at the lawns and im a veggie, it really was fine as good as can be expected! And at least you're guaranteed a meal every day I really miss it now!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.