Turn on thread page Beta

Collingwood Car Insurance?? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craig 1888)
    I am 17 years old and I have held a licence since the 15th march 2011 http://www.collingwoodlearners.co.uk/
    Just wondering how you've held a licence for four years when you're not even allowed to drive until your 17 =S

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackieox)
    Just wondering how you've held a licence for four years when you're not even allowed to drive until your 17 =S

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This was posted in 2011..

ReputationRep:
    One suggestion is to be a named driver on the car, as it'll lower your premium significantly. This however is known as fronting, which is illegal. Do so at your peril, but just saying.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone give me any tips on getting a cheaper quote on my FORD FIESTA ZETEC 2002 1.25.....my lowest was 2300....I have my license for a month

ReputationRep:
    Just a word of warning to anyone reading some of the comments here. If you don't have a provisional licence then do not purchase Learners insurance. You have to send a copy of your licence and they can also check up on you using the online database MyLicence.

If you have taken insurance with a full licence, wrong postcode etc they can cancel your insurance which means you lose your deposit, etc. and then pay higher premiums as you then have to declare that you've had insurance cancelled/declined.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by diveboyuk)
    Just a word of warning to anyone reading some of the comments here. If you don't have a provisional licence then do not purchase Learners insurance. You have to send a copy of your licence and they can also check up on you using the online database MyLicence.

If you have taken insurance with a full licence, wrong postcode etc they can cancel your insurance which means you lose your deposit, etc. and then pay higher premiums as you then have to declare that you've had insurance cancelled/declined.
    This thread hasn't had a reply since 2015.

It's worth noting that everything you just stated is plainly obvious. Why on earth would anyone get learner insurance if they weren't a learner, or provide the incorrect address details? It's all a little thing called fraud.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.