The Student Room Group

I want to become a sports journalist. Can I become one? How do I go about becoming on

I am studying Finance at the moment but I have always wanted to become a sports journalist. I will graduate in April and want to do my Masters in Journalism maybe.
I love sport. I have an extensive knowledge of cricket, tennis, football, formula one and golf. I like to write and write fairly well. Do I need to go to journalism school? I have been writing for a sports website for the past one month and really enjoy it, covering tennis matches for them.
Reply 1
Original post by fhatthewuck
I am studying Finance at the moment but I have always wanted to become a sports journalist. I will graduate in April and want to do my Masters in Journalism maybe.
I love sport. I have an extensive knowledge of cricket, tennis, football, formula one and golf. I like to write and write fairly well. Do I need to go to journalism school? I have been writing for a sports website for the past one month and really enjoy it, covering tennis matches for them.

Sounds like you're on your way already! Have faith!
Reply 2
Original post by aqua1
Sounds like you're on your way already! Have faith!

Should I do a masters in journalism? Which are the good universities for this course?
Reply 3
Original post by fhatthewuck
Should I do a masters in journalism? Which are the good universities for this course?

Make sure the degree is NCTJ accredited, I think that Cardiff has one of the best, and Sheffield, but check them out, I can't remember if they were the under or post grad.

go on the NCTJ site and you'll find it
Reply 4
Original post by bestofyou
Make sure the degree is NCTJ accredited, I think that Cardiff has one of the best, and Sheffield, but check them out, I can't remember if they were the under or post grad.

go on the NCTJ site and you'll find it

Cheers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending