Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am studying Finance at the moment but I have always wanted to become a sports journalist. I will graduate in April and want to do my Masters in Journalism maybe.
    I love sport. I have an extensive knowledge of cricket, tennis, football, formula one and golf. I like to write and write fairly well. Do I need to go to journalism school? I have been writing for a sports website for the past one month and really enjoy it, covering tennis matches for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fhatthewuck)
    I am studying Finance at the moment but I have always wanted to become a sports journalist. I will graduate in April and want to do my Masters in Journalism maybe.
    I love sport. I have an extensive knowledge of cricket, tennis, football, formula one and golf. I like to write and write fairly well. Do I need to go to journalism school? I have been writing for a sports website for the past one month and really enjoy it, covering tennis matches for them.
    Sounds like you're on your way already! Have faith!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aqua1)
    Sounds like you're on your way already! Have faith!
    Should I do a masters in journalism? Which are the good universities for this course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fhatthewuck)
    Should I do a masters in journalism? Which are the good universities for this course?
    Make sure the degree is NCTJ accredited, I think that Cardiff has one of the best, and Sheffield, but check them out, I can't remember if they were the under or post grad.

go on the NCTJ site and you'll find it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bestofyou)
    Make sure the degree is NCTJ accredited, I think that Cardiff has one of the best, and Sheffield, but check them out, I can't remember if they were the under or post grad.

go on the NCTJ site and you'll find it
    Cheers

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 19, 2011
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.