Turn on thread page Beta

I have to do a kind of miracle this summer and I need advices watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I'm just wondering if you can give me your opinions.. I'm doing my A2's at the moment (Chemistry Biology and Physics) and I've always worked hard, also because english is not my first language and at the beginnig of A levels I was really struggling with the language within the questions.. Anyway I had my restults back and they were catastrophic ._. E in biology and E in physics and C in chemistry and I felt that at this point I've just wasted two years coming in england to do A levels if at the end of the day I can't go to the university I want.. Now I've asked to my teachers to resit them so in the summer i'm gonna do 6 exams because the uni that I really want to go offered me a conditional of three B. At the moment I'm on a D in physics, D in biology an C in chemistry.. But the thing is that I understand all the topics it's just my method of revision is not working. I've asked to my teachers if they ask back my exams papaer to see where I did wrong. I'm just corcerned if is realistic to resit three modules plus putting the maximum effort to the massive three synoptic exams and be able to acieve the grades that I need.. Thank you for reading x

ReputationRep:
    Get off TSR, and revise. Just revise all the time. Yes it is very realistic. If you get your head down, lose a social life and revise.

Why are you giving me a thumbs down? Perhaps the answer you wanted was of course you can do it, chill out relax go to the pub! Once you get in that exam hall all the answers will come to you. I am only speaking from experience, if I had revised more I would have got three As!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moniquesungirl)
    Hi guys, I'm just wondering if you can give me your opinions.. I'm doing my A2's at the moment (Chemistry Biology and Physics) and I've always worked hard, also because english is not my first language and at the beginnig of A levels I was really struggling with the language within the questions.. Anyway I had my restults back and they were catastrophic ._. E in biology and E in physics and C in chemistry and I felt that at this point I've just wasted two years coming in england to do A levels if at the end of the day I can't go to the university I want.. Now I've asked to my teachers to resit them so in the summer i'm gonna do 6 exams because the uni that I really want to go offered me a conditional of three B. At the moment I'm on a D in physics, D in biology an C in chemistry.. But the thing is that I understand all the topics it's just my method of revision is not working. I've asked to my teachers if they ask back my exams papaer to see where I did wrong. I'm just corcerned if is realistic to resit three modules plus putting the maximum effort to the massive three synoptic exams and be able to acieve the grades that I need.. Thank you for reading x
    I'm doing 5 resits in the summer, 10 exams altogether so I need an even bigger miracle.
    I'd say, start revision now, work your hardest and believe that you can do it!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I know this may sound a bit weird, but 2 Ds and a C isn't THAT bad - certainly not ideal, but not atrocious either. Many people each year, who have English as their first language, get worse grades than that. Hopefully now you're picking up the language in the questions more, work will be a little easier. It's definetely possible, start working straight away! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much for your answers!! I'll start to revise from tonight.. I can always have fun at uni I wish you good luck for your exams as well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moniquesungirl)
    Thank you very much for your answers!! I'll start to revise from tonight.. I can always have fun at uni I wish you good luck for your exams as well!
    Well done I'm sure you'll do very well :yep:

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.