Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls: Would you consider someone who plays computer games immature? Watch

ReputationRep:
    My bf spends all his spare time playing games and I don't think it is immature. Actually I have always thought he was rather more mature than other lads his age.

Between playing computer games or going out and getting drunk I know which one I consider more immature. And yet the later is much more sociably acceptable :/

I remember the earlier years when he would have to order his games to be delivered to my house so that his mother wouldn't see. She would of actually preferred him to go and spend £40 on booze making a spectacle of himself then buy another game all because it is believed to be more "normal" than staying in.

ReputationRep:
    I've taken down numerous empires, used my detailed plans to rip through enimies, and you would call that immature?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jabblez)
    I forgot about that!

yeah, there isn't a limit when it comes to Pokemon! You can play it all day everyday! Just remember about real people once in a while :P
    My Pidgey just evolved into a Pidgeotto, woop woop woop :cool:

ReputationRep:
    If that's what they enjoy...anyway, the games they are playing sound 'mature' - it'd be a completely different kettle of fish if they were still playing Dora's Explorer Adventure or something

ReputationRep:
    nah games are fun although when they're on it ALL the time that is sad. fun in moderation

and to say the truth i do like a man that knows his way around a computer x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shamim2k9)
    My Pidgey just evolved into a Pidgeotto, woop woop woop :cool:
    Wooooo

I lent someone my gameboy, and I was at the end, about to go in and defeat them all, and then, they saved over it!

That ruined my fun for ages

ReputationRep:
    no, i know guys in their 30s who are into gaming

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jabblez)
    Wooooo

I lent someone my gameboy, and I was at the end, about to go in and defeat them all, and then, they saved over it!

That ruined my fun for ages
    I reckon you should do a hitman job on them for that like.
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Why would it be? I consider myself to be anything but immature, I just make the decision to spend a few hours a couple of nights a week on skype with friends playing HoN/ CoD/ CSS. Its a great way to relax and catchup with people I don't get to see so much anymore. I mean I have a girlfriend, social life, sporting hobbies (cricket, rugby, 5 a side, badminton, etc.) and feel that pc games are a better way to relax than watching tv. Whats immature about that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shamim2k9)
    I reckon you should do a hitman job on them for that like.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Haha! I was a lot younger at the time! Otherwise I would have.

But nahh nothing beats a bit of classic Pokemon red or blue like.

Yellow was good too.

But non of this saphire crap. I miss the originals!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's immature, lots of my friends are at uni to learn how to design or program games and their courses involve them playing games. It's how some people have fun or relax

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    Granted, games generally don't have deep complex storylines. But there are plenty of **** novels out there.
    Naturally. You may have heard of this one:

http://img1.fantasticfiction.co.uk/i...n11/n56931.jpg

I realise my opinion is definitely in the minority here, though being a person whose interests, intellect and consideration for certain other things is not found often today, it's no wonder I have the opinions that I do.

I don't care to say much else on the topic.

ReputationRep:
    it depends on their level of obsession with the game. at one point i was obsessed with football manager. i could finish a season in two days. but then it got ridiculous cos i was spending more time on my laptop, with imaginary people than with my friends. so i got over it and now i only play it for a few hours a week. my social life has definitely improved.

i don't think it's immature. i just think too much of it kills your personality a little.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by philistine)

I realise my opinion is definitely in the minority here, though being a person whose interests, intellect and consideration for certain other things is not found often today, it's no wonder I have the opinions that I do.

:curious:

ReputationRep:
    I'd say at least 60% of young males in this country play computer games regularly

are they all immature?

ReputationRep:
    I go for guys who game if anything.

ReputationRep:
    I don´t think it´s immature. If you like it, then do it. Nothing wrong with it.

ReputationRep:
    I've been playing fable II all day and I am no hypocrite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by philistine)

You're truly unique.

ReputationRep:
    Same here loads of people on my course are always talking about FIFA or COD...I play video games but rarely discuss it...that is sad.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 24, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.