Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    In order to find where a case was citated or heard, can I just use the internet to look for it, or will I have to go into my uni library and look?

Here are the examples that I may need to quote for, for the mooting competition.

(1) Official reports
    QB, AC, Fam, Ch
    (2) Weekly Law Reports
    WLR
    (3) All England Law Reports
    All ER
    (4) Other full transcript
    For example, Cr App R
    (5) Other case summaries
    For example, Crim LR
    (6) Unreported
    Obtain the transcript from Lexis or Westlaw

Thanks in ad for any advice

ReputationRep:
    Is this the case of the shortbread, offer, acceptance and withdrawal moot? I did this way back in 2007!

To answer your question you should use your library/Lexis/Westlaw etc, though obviously using the internet helps to narrow down your search - but you will need the full citation for the purposes of the moot, so ensuring that you have looked it up properly in the first place always helps with that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SevenStars)
    Is this the case of the shortbread, offer, acceptance and withdrawal moot? I did this way back in 2007!

To answer your question you should use your library/Lexis/Westlaw etc, though obviously using the internet helps to narrow down your search - but you will need the full citation for the purposes of the moot, so ensuring that you have looked it up properly in the first place always helps with that.

Yes it is!! I would appreciate if you can PM me any advice about this competition please Thanks in ad! X

ReputationRep:
    I don't tend to PM as I think any advice given should be on the forum so others have access to it.

Happy to help clarify anything you have difficulties with, but you'll need to ask specific questions about what you don't understand rather than expect me to give a general overview. I am not overly fond of giving detailed answers to work that people should be carrying out themselves, but a bit of guidance never goes amiss.

ReputationRep:
    If you go to the case on Westlaw, it lists all the citations at the top and you can click on many of them to go to the citation of the case as reported in that particular report, and can often get a .pdf of the relevant report for use in your moot.

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.