Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I am thinking of applying to King Edwards Aston and I was wondering what my chances of getting an interview are?

My predicted grades are:

Maths- 9
    English Lit- 6
    English Lang- 6
    Additional Science- A
    German- B
    Economics- B
    Computing- C
    Religious Studies- A*
    History- A

Also, are these also good enough for King Edwards Five Ways

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amish Bedi)
    Hi I've applied to QMGS, King Edwards Camp Hill, KEFW, Aston and a few more to study maths, further maths, physics and chemistry. Could anyone please tell me what these schools usually ask at the interview? How tough is it to get into these schools at sixth form? Hope to meet some of you guys soon!
    i’m in year nine at KEFW, i’ve looked around all those other schools before and they're pretty **** ngl. Five Ways has amazing facilities and teachers - just hope you don’t get mr shiraz for maths . Five Ways asks for a B in english language and maths minimum, and an a/a* in the subjects you want to do, a* in maths for further maths. Although I’m not sure about other school’s sixth forms, I thoroughly recommend five ways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isaak786)
    Hello, I am thinking of applying to King Edwards Aston and I was wondering what my chances of getting an interview are?

My predicted grades are:

Maths- 9
    English Lit- 6
    English Lang- 6
    Additional Science- A
    German- B
    Economics- B
    Computing- C
    Religious Studies- A*
    History- A

yes, they are good for five ways. you need a b/6 in english language and maths minimum, and an a/a* in the subjects you want to pursue at a level, with an a*/8 in maths for FM a level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frankielogue)
    yes, they are good for five ways. you need a b/6 in english language and maths minimum, and an a/a* in the subjects you want to pursue at a level, with an a*/8 in maths for FM a level.
    I was thinking of doing biology, chemistry and maths.

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of doing biology, chemistry and maths.
    you have to pick four subjects as far as i’m aware, but not sure w the reformed a levels. maths is an oversubscribed course so the higher the grade the better. try and also get a high a or a* in core and additional science. i think you should pick KEFW over aston because we get better a level results and it’s in a better area. where do you go now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frankielogue)
    you have to pick four subjects as far as i’m aware, but not sure w the reformed a levels. maths is an oversubscribed course so the higher the grade the better. try and also get a high a or a* in core and additional science. i think you should pick KEFW over aston because we get better a level results and it’s in a better area. where do you go now?
    I am going to apply for both and I am aware that Five Ways is better but it may be slightly harder to get into.
    I am predicted an A for the Core Science retake. I don't go to a grammar school right now. PM me

ReputationRep:

My predicted grades are:

Maths- 9
    English Lit- 6
    English Lang- 6
    Additional Science- A
    German- B
    Economics- B
    Computing- C
    Religious Studies- A*
    History- A

Regardless of which grammar,you need to specify what A levels you wish to do.

For example, if you wish to do Biology,Chemistry,Maths (idk ,just assuming),they'd accept you because your predicted an A for those subjects.There(aston's ) general requirement is 7 A*-C with B's in Maths and English(if not taking them at A level).Your predicted an A*(equivelent)in Maths and a B in English.So they should hopefully give you an interview.Once they give you an interview,you either get a conditional offer or not,once you get an offer, your guaranteed a seat,as long as you have met the entry requirements.

Good luck.Just to be safe,apply to Queen marys,Handsworth Grammar if you want to go to grammar.

Make sure you get a good reference from your teacher too(if your applying through UCAS like i did)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blancosdos)
    Regardless of which grammar,you need to specify what A levels you wish to do.

For example, if you wish to do Biology,Chemistry,Maths (idk ,just assuming),they'd accept you because your predicted an A for those subjects.There(aston's ) general requirement is 7 A*-C with B's in Maths and English(if not taking them at A level).Your predicted an A*(equivelent)in Maths and a B in English.So they should hopefully give you an interview.Once they give you an interview,you either get a conditional offer or not,once you get an offer, your guaranteed a seat,as long as you have met the entry requirements.

Good luck.Just to be safe,apply to Queen marys,Handsworth Grammar if you want to go to grammar.

Make sure you get a good reference from your teacher too(if your applying through UCAS like i did)
    Thanks, do you know the possibilities of me getting an interview in hands worth and queens Mary's.

I know that the entry requirements are low but I was wondering if I would get an interview as there would be many people with higher grades than me.

Just asking but which school do you attend?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, do you know the possibilities of me getting an interview in hands worth and queens Mary's.

I know that the entry requirements are low but I was wondering if I would get an interview as there would be many people with higher grades than me.

Just asking but which school do you attend?
    QMGS and HGS there is a possibility.The only guaranteed way of you not getting a place is if you do not apply.So its worth a shot!

And yeah you should get an interview,if not atleast you have the other schools(which are equally good,if not better,apart from Handsworth)

Btw,Handsworth wants 8 A*-B grades,and QMGS want 7 A*-B (with 3 A*/A's in your chosen A levels)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blancosdos)
    QMGS and HGS there is a possibility.The only guaranteed way of you not getting a place is if you do not apply.So its worth a shot!

And yeah you should get an interview,if not atleast you have the other schools(which are equally good,if not better,apart from Handsworth)

Btw,Handsworth wants 8 A*-B grades,and QMGS want 7 A*-B (with 3 A*/A's in your chosen A levels)
    If hands worth want 8 A*/B does that mean I am more likely to get an interview at King Edwards Aston?

ReputationRep:
    If hands worth want 8 A*/B does that mean I am more likely to get an interview at King Edwards Aston?
    Nope.It just means they want more higher grades.I assure you though.Aston is way better than handsworth grammar.So is Bishop,QMGS etc

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.