Turn on thread page Beta

What country would you like to go to (university) instead of England? watch

I would either go to James Cook university in Australia to do Marine Biology, Fiji university or Hawaii university. Mainly because of the weather. If you had the chance where would you go? Apart from places in England.

ReputationRep:
    Mostly likely Australia, because then my degree would be applicable to this country too (unlike in the USA).

ReputationRep:
    I like the idea of going to a university in Asia, like Hong Kong University or the National University of Singapore. I think I might apply there if I decide I want to do a masters. I also like the look of Columbia and NYU in the states.

ReputationRep:
    Australia, or florida! ah amazing! beats manchester weather any day..

ReputationRep:
    Always wanted to see how Australia was like

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to go to a university in Germany or Sweden.
    Both due to an interest in the way of life/ culture of the countries.

Come to think of it I was heavily influenced by the grand designs episode where they built a Huf Haus in England. German efficiency and all that. (I study engineering and architecture so found it really interesting.)

ReputationRep:
    Scotland

ReputationRep:
    Canada.

ReputationRep:
    The U.S was an option that I was considering last year.

ReputationRep:
    Probably the US. But I'd love to stay in New Zealand or Australia be it during uni or later life.

ReputationRep:
    I've always loved Holland, so Twente University or Maastricht would be good. Or the USA.

ReputationRep:
    mit?

ReputationRep:
    Australia

ReputationRep:
    Trinity College Dublin.

ReputationRep:
    University College of Man-Worship in Lingerie City, capital of the Planet of the Nymphomanics.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    This time last year I was really keen on studying at either the University of Chicago or New York University. Didn't get into either (well I nearly got onto a different course at NYU which actually suited much better. No funding though :cry2: ) and was a bit disappointed, especially about NYU. Living in New York would have been pretty cool, or so I figured :cool:

My older sister now lives in Boston and apparently they don't do mince pies, Christmas pudding and something else vital (maybe scones?) in the US. So spending 7 years there really wouldn't have been a good idea on my part

ReputationRep:
    Question is not "what is the coolest country that rocks?"

What you really want is facts about different possibilities and then it is you who come with the opinion

ReputationRep:
    I would like to study in Spain 'cause it's cheap and it's probably a much easier/better way for me to learn Spanish than taking a Spanish degree in England.

ReputationRep:
    Switzerland, ETH Zurich.

ReputationRep:
    Got to be Canada

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.