Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What country would you like to go to (university) instead of England? watch

Announcements

USA or Australia

ReputationRep:
    Switzerland is the one of the most establishes and well known resources in the fields of education. Nowadays many students are choosing Switzerland for their higher studies. We know that many of the famous persons are select Switzerland as their education purposes. They offer large amount of educational services for the foreign students, the Swiss Hospitality Schools are very famous in services and quality. Many sites offer Switzerland’s list of college issues and services of various colleges.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    This time last year I was really keen on studying at either the University of Chicago or New York University. Didn't get into either (well I nearly got onto a different course at NYU which actually suited much better. No funding though :cry2: ) and was a bit disappointed, especially about NYU. Living in New York would have been pretty cool, or so I figured :cool:

My older sister now lives in Boston and apparently they don't do mince pies, Christmas pudding and something else vital (maybe scones?) in the US. So spending 7 years there really wouldn't have been a good idea on my part
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shipping

ReputationRep:
    Australia definitely!

ReputationRep:
    Definitely Canada.
    If could be bothered to learn the relevant languages, Germany or one of the Scandivian countries would also be awesome. (I know they do some courses in English, but if I was going to actually live in another country I would want to know the language anyway.)

ReputationRep:
    Will be starting a degree this September with a year abroad in the 3rd year. Seems a long way off but I am guaranteed a study abroad in either USA/Canada/Australia/NZ, or possibly a semester in 2 of those.

Have already been to Australia for a year and as much as I would love to go back I think I should explore new places. Canada would be my first choice but I think options are more limited, I imagine I will spend a year at a US University.

Anyone else doing a study abroad year>?

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.