Turn on thread page Beta

Okay this may sound a little weird but i have had this sudden craze with this cheese on toast thing except i think i made it up, and i was wondering if you have ever tried it
    It tastes sooo nice ummmm

- toast some bread in toaster
    - place some sliced chedder chesse on top
    - add olive oil
    - put in microwave for 2 minutes

ummmmmmmmm
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I've tried it but without the olive oil and for less time in the microwave

(Original post by Juno)
    I've tried it but without the olive oil and for less time in the microwave
    You have to try it lol

Also if you have crazes with any other food place them on here :p:

ReputationRep:
    What does the olive oil do? Apart from that, it's just cheese on toast. :confused:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by susiemakemeblue)
    What does the olive oil do? Apart from that, it's just cheese on toast. :confused:
    Adds loads of calories

ReputationRep:
    Cheese on toast is better with marmite or HP sauce.

Cheese on toast is better with marmite or HP sauce.
    Like in that advert

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, this reminds me of cooking in school, where we made these cheese and marmite pastry whirls. They were lush!

Ooh, this reminds me of cooking in school, where we made these cheese and marmite pastry whirls. They were lush!
    I loved cooking in school until year 8 because we had this horible teacher that didnt let us let our fingers :evil: then she got fired for assalting a pupil

ReputationRep:
    I love cheese on toast but I hate putting slices on. I grater the chedder cheese and mix it with butter and vinigar until it's like a paste, spread it on the toast and grill it. It taste sooo good!

ReputationRep:
    Microwave?! :eek:

Cheese on toast does NOT go in the microwave - shove it under the grill; so much nicer!

ReputationRep:
    Damnit, you just made me go and eat some brie. Not that you're supposed to have brie in a student kitchen, but I have quite a lot of other unlikely things as well!

(Original post by TopShopper_girl)
    I love cheese on toast but I hate putting slices on. I grater the chedder cheese and mix it with butter and vinigar until it's like a paste, spread it on the toast and grill it. It taste sooo good!
    Great idea! have to try it out :p:

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't it go soggy in the microwave?

ReputationRep:
    Its nice with beans on it so that it goes soft!

(Original post by leona)
    Doesn't it go soggy in the microwave?
    If you taost it before it shoudlnt do

ReputationRep:
    even better toast bread under grill add grated cheese toast some more add worcestershire sauce (you can get a veggie version) and its amazing!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    even better toast bread under grill add grated cheese toast some more add worcestershire sauce (you can get a veggie version) and its amazing!!!
    YEAH!!

ReputationRep:
    sounds like your classical cheese toastie. man that is some serious munch. i usually go with plenty of cheese and a bit of tomato sauce sandwiched between 2 slices of toast, in the microwave for 30 seconds max else it just disintegrates

ReputationRep:
    lea and perrins all the way!!! loooooads of grated cheese and then under the grill until its bubbling away merrily...
    i prefer brown bread as well.....although thats because i do anyway i guess....

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.