Turn on thread page Beta

Face has visible pores and starting to get acne. watch

Announcements

Hey. I recently threaded my side burns (hair removal on girl) and now the hair is coming back and it looks bad but in addition, i can see teh pores from where the hair is coming from.

Also, my main concern is teh spots im getting because of threading.. Ad on my cheeks i have visible pores? on my chin i have spots?
    I did not use to have these problem, i had very clearn skin about 2 months ago. but, slowly i've started to get spots, more and more.

What is teh best way to reduce these spots and get rid of them completely? i dont want a spotty face when i reach university or visible pores.

Also, do i just not thread my side burns anymore? shall i wait till they grow so i can bleach them?:/

Thanks.

Girl

indian

ReputationRep:
    Eat teh fruit, drink teh water.

(Original post by Steezy)
    Eat teh fruit, drink teh water.
    I do..No difference

ReputationRep:
    Go to your GP. Acne is often hormonal (and if you've got sideburns which need removing too, this points further to a hormonal imbalance) and they can give you pills, creams etc which will work far better than anything you can buy in Superdrug.

(Original post by kerily)
    Go to your GP. Acne is often hormonal (and if you've got sideburns which need removing too, this points further to a hormonal imbalance) and they can give you pills, creams etc which will work far better than anything you can buy in Superdrug.
    tehy aren't really bad, just normal girl burns. but as i have dark hair, they are more visible. i ha dthis problem 2 years ago with acne, teh doctors pills etc did not work

ReputationRep:
    Best to see a doctor, even if it didnt work in the past. There are newer variants of drugs etc which could work now for you.

If you want it cleared up fast, go see a doctor.

ReputationRep:
    Probably due to hormonal imbalance, go see a doc and they should give you something for it

And question... Has somebody swapped the "E" and "H" on your keyboard by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    If you started getting them once you had threading done, then it's obviously that. Make sure you exfoliate (using a muslin cloth cleanser like the Soap and Glory one) so you don't get ingrowns that end up causing spots. Think about if it's worth getting spots over a few miniscule hairs on your face. Normally, after you've threaded an area 4-5 times you should stop getting break outs.

ReputationRep:
    After you've had your sideburns threaded, exfoliate to help prevent ingrown hairs. Itching may cause some marks as well so try not to do that. Cut your nails really short if you have to.

Also, have you tried lemon juice facials? Basically mixing lemon juice with something (I can't remember what, ask your mum, it's an Indian thing :p:)

(Original post by aeterno)
    After you've had your sideburns threaded, exfoliate to help prevent ingrown hairs. Itching may cause some marks as well so try not to do that. Cut your nails really short if you have to.

Also, have you tried lemon juice facials? Basically mixing lemon juice with something (I can't remember what, ask your mum, it's an Indian thing :p:)
    OH THANKS!
    I've seen that i have ingrown hairs on my face on my chin, some on sideburns..will exfoliating actually get rid of them? And where can i get exfoliating pads from? tesco?

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trinkets)
    If you started getting them once you had threading done, then it's obviously that. Make sure you exfoliate (using a muslin cloth cleanser like the Soap and Glory one) so you don't get ingrowns that end up causing spots. Think about if it's worth getting spots over a few miniscule hairs on your face. Normally, after you've threaded an area 4-5 times you should stop getting break outs.
    I read that as Muslim cloth. I think I may need to get off TSR. :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    OH THANKS!
    I've seen that i have ingrown hairs on my face on my chin, some on sideburns..will exfoliating actually get rid of them? And where can i get exfoliating pads from? tesco?

x
    It usually works for me although there are occasionally a few ingrown hairs but that's probably just me :p:

I use this personally as my skin's too sensitive for abrasive scrubs. They also do pads if you prefer those. I know it's a bit expensive but it's worth it, imo

If you want something cheaper, go for Superdrug or something, they've got a few good cheap ones.

(Original post by aeterno)
    It usually works for me although there are occasionally a few ingrown hairs but that's probably just me :p:

I use this personally as my skin's too sensitive for abrasive scrubs. They also do pads if you prefer those. I know it's a bit expensive but it's worth it, imo

If you want something cheaper, go for Superdrug or something, they've got a few good cheap ones.
    oh thanks!
    Ignore my pm XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    will exfoliating actually get rid of them? And where can i get exfoliating pads from? tesco?
    St Ives apricot scrub, works like a charm and then you smell like apricot

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 19, 2011
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.