Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dalianatkinson)
    Yeah but the work will make you a better lawyer.

Maybe my experience was unusual - I have got a very good memory.
    I think that helps a great deal. Much of exam technique at CoL consists of being able to remember every case. The rest is knowing which ones to apply and being able to write quickly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MickJB1989)
    BPP post all their lectures online, which is very handy, and pretty much negates the requirement to take notes when combined with print outs of the slides.
    Thanks for the info. So is the full-time, 2 day per week structure basically watching all lectures online, then cramming in the face-to-face time in things like seminars and classes into just 2 full days?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tony_ron)
    Thanks for the info. So is the full-time, 2 day per week structure basically watching all lectures online, then cramming in the face-to-face time in things like seminars and classes into just 2 full days?
    I'm not sure how that works tbh. In my own experience I get all of my tutorials taught online via a Wimba classroom system (mics and keyboards for comms), and can watch the lectures whenever I please. Of course, I only have 3 subjects worth of lectures, which amounts to around 3-6 hours depending on how many lectures done that week. I know people doing all 7 subjects can still do all tutorials on a saturday (admittedly, they must be exhausted by the end of it), and presumably one could watch all lectures online in one day, but this doesn't leave any room for anything else in the 2 days, and would be very intensive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dalianatkinson)
    It's pretty easy to get a distinction. The multiple choice exams are easy marks, as is the IRE. It's then just a question of having good enough exam technique to average about 66 in the exams.
    Hi do mind saying which BPP campus you are with?

ReputationRep:
    Hello. I know this is very late. But for Harvey77 I was wondering whether you could give me some tips for the Land law exam at BPP. Or if you have maybe the gdl handbook maybe if possible to upload important parts of it. Im really struggling and the tutors aren't really helping. You might already be familiar with their attitude towards helping. Thank you so much. Im panicking and i really need to do well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raydriger)
    Hello. I know this is very late. But for Harvey77 I was wondering whether you could give me some tips for the Land law exam at BPP. Or if you have maybe the gdl handbook maybe if possible to upload important parts of it. Im really struggling and the tutors aren't really helping. You might already be familiar with their attitude towards helping. Thank you so much. Im panicking and i really need to do well!
    I didn't go to BPP but U of L but nearly everyone found land law incredibly hard - I thought I was going to fail it but I didn't. My advice is, keep going over it. Make more time to get your head round it and keep going over what they have told you. And do the mocks. Doing the mocks will really help you to get your head around it enough. If you get high enough percentages in the other exams then it need not bring you down. The mocks will give you a good idea of what type of questions they tend to ask -

I also got one of those GDL guru type books only for the land law notes - I used that to figure out my own notes - I don't think using someone else's notes alone will help as you really have to understand enough of it to get through it all in the exam. Land law comes together more by the end of the GDL - also go back to the tutors - you pay a lot for that course, make them earn your fees!! It is a contractual arrangement dont forget

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.