Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    At my sixth form, its compulsory to do Citizenship AS, however because I am doing 9 exams in the summer (much more than the average in my school), I could drop it if I argued a little...

Now, should I drop it, in order to concentrate on my other 4 subjects? Because I am not on top of my work, so revision for citizenship could adversely affect my revision time and grades for other exams.

Note, I did get an A in the Citizenship mock paper I done, but that was only one section of the exam, (we didn't do the active citizenship log section).

PS: I am aiming for a Politics related course...

ReputationRep:
    Just don't turn up for the exam

If you want any help r.e. politics degree applications, drop me a message anytime

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMeister)
    Just don't turn up for the exam

If you want any help r.e. politics degree applications, drop me a message anytime
    Wouldn't that mean I would get a U which I would then have to declare to universities?

And thanks I will do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxiKillxXx)
    Wouldn't that mean I would get a U which I would then have to declare to universities?

And thanks I will do
    I don't think you have to declare Us because they're not certificated, but I could be wrong

ReputationRep:
    Just do the exam and see what you get. Is revision required, or is it like GCSE where it's common sense?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nayred)
    Just do the exam and see what you get. Is revision required, or is it like GCSE where it's common sense?
    Well yeah it is common sense; some of it. Thats how I got an A in the first part, but I was lucky a topic came up which I was interested in and had prior knowledge. In the real thing, I will have to revise, can't rely on luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxiKillxXx)
    Well yeah it is common sense; some of it. Thats how I got an A in the first part, but I was lucky a topic came up which I was interested in and had prior knowledge. In the real thing, I will have to revise, can't rely on luck
    If universities have to see every subject you took (which I very much doubt) then don't do it, otherwise go for it and test your luck.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone else, offer some advice here? thanks (when I said politics i meant PPE)

ReputationRep:
    If you just take an A level module, get a U and then drop the whole subject, you don't need to declare on UCAS. If you are entered for the entire AS course then get a U, you will need to declare it on UCAS.
    Also, if you tell your school that taking AS Citizenship is too much for you, could it affect what your tutor says in your reference?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.