Turn on thread page Beta

The USA is better than Britain watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm watching American Idol and the talent on there far surpasses anything that the X Factor can throw up. It just seems that everything is bigger and better there.

ReputationRep:
    Yea but Americans are fat

ReputationRep:
    More talent because there's a hella lot more people....

ReputationRep:
    French war planes have begun attacks on Libyan forces............... just saying :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I was going to write an essay, condemning the celebrity based, shallow, image obsessed culture and how I despise how it's spread around the world.

But then I realised that if the OP is a fan of X-Factor, it might be a little lost on them.

The USA has millions of wonderful people in it, but the country it self is an abomination. The fact that Britain is becoming so much more like it, makes me sick to my core.

ReputationRep:
    Nahhhh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alhae)
    I'm watching American Idol and the talent on there far surpasses anything that the X Factor can throw up. It just seems that everything is bigger and better there.
    Wow, you've based your argument on American Idol, possibly the worst TV programme ever invented (along with all the other "talent" competitions). Seriously, this is a pathetic attempt.

ReputationRep:
    But there's a lot more of weird acts :eek: than in Britain

ReputationRep:
    Go to the gym.

ReputationRep:
    we be trollin'

ReputationRep:
    How is it? We have Little Britain. And doctor who. BEAT THAT :P

ReputationRep:
    American Idol is a much better programme than X Factor, partially due to it's audience not being so predictably reactionary with their boos and cheers halfway through a judge's critique.

Oh and Ryan Seacrest is a lot better than Dermot O'Leary at his job.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Alhae)
    Do we have to do this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alhae)
    Saying that American Idol is better than X factor is effectively akin to saying that having crabs is better than having genital warts. They are both crap at the end of the day.

ReputationRep:
    Literal size does not =/= talent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greenlaner)
    Saying that American Idol is better than X factor is effectively akin to saying that having crabs is better than having genital warts. They are both crap at the end of the day.
    I know which one I'd pick though.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0

I just proved you wrong, good sir.

ReputationRep:
    It's just not.

ReputationRep:
    USA isnt american idol

but......is american idol the USA?

ReputationRep:
    I disagree:

1) We won the Olympics :2012:

2) We have Doctor Who :tardis:

3) WE HAVE SMITHY!!!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.