Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What look is so clichéd it makes you cringe???

ReputationRep:
    - Those nasty circle belts from last summer.
    - "Emo"

ReputationRep:
    proper chunky thick platform back in the 90s :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    People wearing Avenged Sevenfold T-shirts hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Future)
    - Those nasty circle belts from last summer.
    - "Emo"
    yep
    yep

Also, any kind of fashion victim sort of dress annoys me, when people just look the same. Its so tiresome.

ReputationRep:
    Those horrible metallic bags.

(No offence to anyone who owns one, I just personally wouldn't buy one because they wouldn't suit my style at all.)

They look especially bad when teamed with fur gilets, baker boy hats, knee-length boots tucked into jeans and those awful circle belt thingies (all at once!)

ReputationRep:
    The best one I have ever witnessed was a fellow in a suit wearing jellies (them squidgy plastic shoes for anyone that doesn't know, although my explanation is hardly detailed lol) with white socks. So comical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olliemccowan)
    The best one I have ever witnessed was a fellow in a suit wearing jellies (them squidgy plastic shoes for anyone that doesn't know, although my explanation is hardly detailed lol) with white socks. So comical.
    Jellies! I think I last owned a pair when I was about 5...

ReputationRep:
    I think the thing is with any fashion is to be minimal. I have a lovely metallic bag but I just team it with jeans etc and it looks fine. If I tried to do it with every fashion in the world then it'd look hideous.

ReputationRep:
    When people try to wear every trend at once...and succeed in looking like a complete fashion victim. Individual style is so much more cool!
    I love metallic bags too, always have mine with gold ballet pumps, and wear a fairly plain outfit- its the accessories that can really make or break an outfit I think. With a plain outfit, you can get away with lots and look very individual and not at all fashion-victimy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*Sweetness*~)
    Those horrible metallic bags.

(No offence to anyone who owns one, I just personally wouldn't buy one because they wouldn't suit my style at all.)

They look especially bad when teamed with fur gilets, baker boy hats, knee-length boots tucked into jeans and those awful circle belt thingies (all at once!)
    Sadly my campus seems to be full of girls who dress exactly like that.

I mean. fur gilets. WHY?

ReputationRep:
    There's so many awful things out there! Okay, one look that I just really hate are 'interesting' jeans... you know, the ones that have embroidery up the legs, or completely lack pockets, or something silly like that. A bit of fading or a bit ripped isn't so bad, as long as it's on a reasonably okay pair of jeans in the first place and isn't OTT (the 'sat in a pool of bleach' look on the arse is the worst). Personally, I really like regular old five-pocket jeans in a flattering cut - anything else really risks looking cheap.

And circle belts. Ew.

ReputationRep:
    Burberry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeLboY)
    Burberry
    I think Burberry can still be niced if used in moderation, and depending on what items you wear. The Burberry caps are extremely overworn and therefore look tacky, but the scarves can still look nice when combined with other decent quality clothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iscariot)
    I think Burberry can still be niced if used in moderation, and depending on what items you wear. The Burberry caps are extremely overworn and therefore look tacky, but the scarves can still look nice when combined with other decent quality clothing.
    You own a Burberry Scarf then?

ReputationRep:
    Those silly fancy patterned wellies!

ReputationRep:
    people who dress entirely in black and wear berets

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeLboY)
    You own a Burberry Scarf then?
    Nope... Not a big scarf wearer to be honest, despite the -20C price tag that comes with living in Finland.

ReputationRep:
    I do actually own a Burberry scarf, but I don't wear it very often, now that the brand has so many negative connotations attached to it. My scarf is pure lamb's wool, and is GENUINE, not something from a market :hmpf:

I do have another Burberry scarf, which I wear more often, which is a really old fashioned one with a differet tartan.

ReputationRep:
    people who dress entirely in black and wear berets
    Ha ha. So wrong if you're not French...

I think probably the most hackneyed style in evidence at my sixth form would be the 'Topshop mannequin' look - where they see a dummy in the shop, proceed to buy every single item of clothing on it (even if this extends to five or six layers!) and then wear them all at once. You know, two layered vests over a tshirt plus a waistcoat and a jacket kind of thing. And also, Ugg boots. Ugh. PLEASE would somebody explain how wrong these are. Just no. Nein.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 24, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.