Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What factors influenced your decision to join your chosen Inn?

-or-

Which are you thinking of applying to and why?

ReputationRep:
    I based my decision on this time-tested metric: 'Inner for the rich, Middle for the poor, Lincoln's for the scholar, Gray's for the whore'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brevity)
    I based my decision on this time-tested metric: 'Inner for the rich, Middle for the poor, Lincoln's for the scholar, Gray's for the whore'.
    So which did you join?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jakko247)
    What factors influenced your decision to join your chosen Inn?

-or-

Which are you thinking of applying to and why?
    My dos is a huge advocate of Middle (he's a Master Bencher). Several of my supervisors/lecturers are members, and I enjoyed the dinner they held here a few months ago, but I haven't given it a lot of concerted thought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjarvis)
    My dos is a huge advocate of Middle (he's a Master Bencher). Several of my supervisors/lecturers are members, and I enjoyed the dinner they held here a few months ago, but I haven't given it a lot of concerted.
    There's quite a Middle dominance in Cambridge - almost everyone that supervises Clare students is a Middle Templer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The West Wing)
    There's quite a Middle dominance in Cambridge - almost everyone that supervises Clare students is a Middle Templer.
    (I was thinking of one of the supervisors there. And a supervisor at Queens. And of course my Dos...)

ReputationRep:
    My dos is a huge advocate of Middle (he's a Master Bencher). Several of my supervisors/lecturers are members, and I enjoyed the dinner they held here a few months ago, but I haven't given it a lot of concerted.
    I've recently been for dinner at Lincoln's and I watched the final of the Inner Temple moot last night!

I was most impressed by Lincoln's but that's probably because I was there longer and it was more of an event, they're both beautiful places though!

ReputationRep:
    (I was thinking of one of the supervisors there. And a supervisor at Queens. And of course my Dos...)
    Do you get supervised by my DoS? How are you finding it?

Basically everyone who supervises Clare is a Middle Templer, such as Moules, Jones, Padfield, Bridge, Allan. I don't think it's a coincidence!

ReputationRep:
    Do you get supervised by my DoS? How are you finding it?

Basically everyone who supervises Clare is a Middle Templer, such as Moules, Jones, Padfield, Bridge, Allan. I don't think it's a coincidence!
    I don't--although I have your equity supervisor for contract, and he's at Lincoln's (mutual fb friends, asked one how she knew you). :ninja: I do have Bridge for land. My other supervisor who's a barrister is also at Middle.

ReputationRep:
    I don't--although I have your equity supervisor for contract (mutual fb friends, asked one how she knew you). :ninja: I do have Bridge for land.
    Oh yes! I actually knew her because we did debating together in first year, but she'd forgotten me by the time we were supervised together in third year :lol: . Did she ask how you knew me?

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes! I actually knew her because we did debating together in first year, but she'd forgotten me by the time we were supervised together in third year :lol: . Did she ask how you knew me?
    I think I said I post on a forum you also post on... Hope I haven't outed you as a TSR member in an embarrassing fashion. (My presence here is pretty readily ascertainable, but I realise not everyone is so open...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jakko247)
    I've recently been for dinner at Lincoln's and I watched the final of the Inner Temple moot last night!

I was most impressed by Lincoln's but that's probably because I was there longer and it was more of an event, they're both beautiful places though!
    I've heard good things about both--my impression is they're much of a muchness.

ReputationRep:
    I think I said I post on a forum you also post on... Hope I haven't outed you as a TSR member in an embarrassing fashion. (My presence here is pretty readily ascertainable, but I realise not everyone is so open...)
    Haha, she hasn't brought it up with me (yet). I'm pretty easy to trace on here though - I do post quite prolifically. I take it you know all these people through mooting?

ReputationRep:
    Haha, she hasn't brought it up with me (yet). I'm pretty easy to trace on here though - I do post quite prolifically. I take it you know all these people through mooting?
    Yeah, and some pro bono stuff.

Edit: on that, we should probably stop thread-jacking about mutual acquaintances...

ReputationRep:
    I visited Middle and Inner. Middle is cooler :P

ReputationRep:
    Inner Templar here.

First thing that attracted me to Inner was the accessibilty and volume of information contained on their website. Also, their student officers are very on the ball, and societies such as mooting, debating and drama are very active. I also loved the historical aspects of the Inn, and the presence of the templar church and so on.

Add that to their career support mechanisms, such as mock interviews, pupillage interview advice documents, police shadowing, judge marshalling, the country lodges for weekend qualifying sessions (can't wait to go on one of these when I start the BPTC) the large gardens/ nice buildings and great location. Also, like Middle they interview all candidates for scholarships.

Have a look at the Inner Temple prospectus available on their website; not only does it fully inform you about the Inn, it also gives you useful information about all stages of pursuing a career at the Bar.

ReputationRep:
    Hey

I sent off my application form for Inner Temple membership on Sunday (so guessing it would have been monday morning post) and was just wondering how long the Inns take to reply for membership?

I know i'm impatient but i just want to know!!!

Thanks
    Carina

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.