Turn on thread page Beta

Black women and natural hair watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loling909)
    That:

I'm guessing that's you. :rolleyes:
    Nah probs some dude with curls that the girls think is a good example of why curly hair is good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Why aren't black women never confident about their natural hair? I'm black myself and it really saddens me when girls are scared of their natural hair. Isn't natural afro hair deemed attractive on women or something? Nearly all the black women I know either 'relax' their hair or wear wigs and weaves.

Confident black women who aren't scared of their natural hair - I love y'all
    I have extensions because they compliment my face shape. My natural hair isn't that short, it's almost down to my shoulders, but I wouldn't ever wear it out. I've tried it before, but it made me look ugly. If you had my face shape and my hair length then you wouldn't wear your hear naturally. I respect you for having natural hair though. My dream is to grow my hair long enough so that I can wear it naturally and not look ugly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sem193)
    I have extensions because they compliment my face shape. My natural hair isn't that short, it's almost down to my shoulders, but I wouldn't ever wear it out. I've tried it before, but it made me look ugly. If you had my face shape and my hair length then you wouldn't wear your hear naturally. I respect you for having natural hair though. My dream is to grow my hair long enough so that I can wear it naturally and not look ugly.
    Yeah, I'm the exact same as you! :five: I want to wear my natural hair out, but it just doesn't look good (at the moment) or do what I want. It's short(ish), but I want it long ffs. Whereas with extensions, you can have whatever style you want and it'll look good. I'm so jealous of girls and women who do have natural hair that looks nice on them :erm:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude)
    Why do you think this?
    "Curly hair is ugly"...said the Curly Haired Dude

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukejoshjedi)
    "Curly hair is ugly"...said the Curly Haired Dude
    Wasn't me that said it, go back to page 1

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 19, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.