Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i am currently on route to study criminology and psychology at keele, i have my place but i'm having a melt down

i'm worried i have not made the right decision and that i should change criminology for sociology,

i really want to be a relief worker or charity work and teach but i don't know if psychology is enough to do that i also don't want to eliminate law as a further opition in the future, my a-levels were law, psychology and sociology

i'm not sure yet what career i want and criminology looks very interesting and i may want a career in that to so i'm not really sure what to do

i would really like to hear your opinions if you can help me x

ReputationRep:
    If you want to work with people then I don't see why Psychology wouldn't be enough :s I'm doing Psychology and I want to do a Clinical PhD which is all about working with people so I don't think it will affect your parameters about who you can and can't work with. Keele also has a great department to pursue any Psychology related career so that may be a bonus.
    I did Sociology for A level but can't say much about what it might be like as a degree. I have friends doing masters in Criminology so that is always an option after your degree if you feel you still want to study it.
    Law is always an option through a conversion whether you do it in 5 years time or 15. Good luck whatever you decide to do

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 19, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.