Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hey.

To cut a long story short - I've always been friends with a certain guy, and recently we've got closer. We text each other quite a lot, he comments on my Facebook statuses and messages me etc, we always have a good laugh and share the same interests. Every time we talk I see him staring at me and I really like him, but I'm not sure if he's trying to lead me on or not. He's told me he's on a 'break' with his girlfriend until the summer so she can concentrate on her exams (I'm 16 and doing AS Levels, he's a year younger doing GCSEs. Same school)

In girl terms I think he's still with her really... which would make me feel guilty about going out with him... but then I don't know why he's flirting with me if he wouldn't want to go out? It's really confusing me.

So, what does a 'break' mean to guys?

ReputationRep:
    Does his girlfriend know that this "break" to him means he can get with other girls?

Plus, imagine if you went out with him, and he left you for her after the "break" ended? It wouldn't feel good

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 19, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.