Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I chose the 'Online - after I have completed the student finance application' for when I got to the section titled 'Your parents' financial information'

That was a few hours ago and my parents have still not received any emails yet? When will they receive it? I assumed that it'd be almost instantly.

ReputationRep:
    Some of the emails from the SLC get sent in batches, usually overnight. So wait until tomorrow and see if you get it.

ReputationRep:
    Ah I see, thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sajdood)
    I chose the 'Online - after I have completed the student finance application' for when I got to the section titled 'Your parents' financial information'

That was a few hours ago and my parents have still not received any emails yet? When will they receive it? I assumed that it'd be almost instantly.

Yeah i did this earlier aswell. They have nothing yet. Might not be til monday. It already seems like such a drag going through all the different stuff

ReputationRep:

Hi can I just ask, where is this section titled 'Your Parents' Financial Information'? I can't find a section like that anywhere on my online application & I'm finding it hard to get my parents to support my application because whenever I click the link for them to support me, this sentence pops up saying that my parents aren't linked to my application! And I'm like WTF, how do I link them to me??!

ReputationRep:
    Still no email yet :/

(Original post by Charlottelisabeth)
    Hi can I just ask, where is this section titled 'Your Parents' Financial Information'? I can't find a section like that anywhere on my online application & I'm finding it hard to get my parents to support my application because whenever I click the link for them to support me, this sentence pops up saying that my parents aren't linked to my application! And I'm like WTF, how do I link them to me??!

It's in the section titled 'Your parents'

ReputationRep:
    Still no email yet :/

It's in the section titled 'Your parents'
    Wierd....there isn't a section in my application titled 'Your Parents'!! Oh god looks like I'll have to ring them & find out! Thanks anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottelisabeth)
    Your parents have to create their own accounts, and put in your details, it then links you up. But to be fair, it doesn't work that well, last year I just gave up and printed my parent's off and filled it in by hand.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oddsox)
    Your parents have to create their own accounts, and put in your details, it then links you up. But to be fair, it doesn't work that well, last year I just gave up and printed my parent's off and filled it in by hand.

Good luck.
    Well the thing is both my parents already have an account because my sister is in her 1st yr of Uni & did her student finance this time last year & whenever I log into my parents' accounts it brings up all her details & there isn't anywhere/anyway for me to add my details as well!!

I'm going to ring them some time this week anyway because I don't know wtf to do now!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.