Turn on thread page Beta

What do you think of the flower hat? watch

ReputationRep:

http://www.asos.com/Asos/Asos-Premiu...px?iid=1480654
    ^That one's from ASOS.

It has quite a lot of "like"s. At first I was like, lol ew, but it's really growing on me! I think it could look quite cute, what do you think? Can't work out if I'm going crazy haha

ReputationRep:
    On it's own, I'd be like eewww too! It depends what you're going to wear it with and if you can pull it off Can you think of any of your clothes/outfits that could go with the hat?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, i guess it looks quite different and "out there". Personally, I wouldn't be comfortable wearing it. If i saw someone wearing it, i wouldn't be like :lolwut: eww...

ReputationRep:
    lol

ReputationRep:
    I guess it looks cute on the picture, and maybe it would on a little kid or something.
    But honestly, I'd feel a little silly wearing it out in public - and I think if I saw a young adult/adult wearing it, I'd think they look a little silly too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CountDuckula)
    On it's own, I'd be like eewww too! It depends what you're going to wear it with and if you can pull it off Can you think of any of your clothes/outfits that could go with the hat?
    I have a floral corset that could look good with it, but struggling to think of other outfits I could wear it with. It could look really silly, but there's something so nice about it tbh!

ReputationRep:
    It reminds me of a shower cap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lazuliblue)
    It reminds me of a shower cap.
    lmao! i see what you mean

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt wear it,but there is something strangely appealing about it.It reminds of those flowered bathing hats you could get ages ago.Not that thats appealing though.Just came into my head.

ReputationRep:
    Weird... like a lot of things that are in fashion.

ReputationRep:
    It looks like a swimming cap

ReputationRep:
    It's RIDICULOUS! Even a stunning, air brushed asos model looks daft in it, so what's the chance of a girl like me looking good? xx

ReputationRep:
    I really want one for my fashion shoot and it's pretty dahm cute but would probably look odd in day to day life

ReputationRep:
    I think I'd look stupid wearing it around town but I tend to wear a lot of weird things so I might just buy it.

ReputationRep:
    I like wearing hats. I have a small witch's hat and a big santa hat.. neither are worn appropriately.
    I WOULD SO WEAR THAT (only if it is available in Poundland..or equivalent)

ReputationRep:
    Its cute but I think it looks like a swimming cap

ReputationRep:
    OMG I love it! Think it doesn't look great on the model because of the way she's wearing it/her hair but with a fringe or something it would look much better! I want it!xx

ReputationRep:
    I like it a lot but I think you'd need a strong theme or look to pair it with, not just for brightening up some dull jeans and a plain top or anything.

Thing is, I have a really incredibly mismatched wardrobe and I'm not even sure what I'd wear it with, I think it's the kind of thing you buy like 'yeah this'll clash marvellously with everything!' and then realise you have to wait months until you stumble across those magic things in shops where you're like 'OMG they were made for each other!'. I think I would wear it with my yellow chiffon gloves, blue tartan dress and baggy black and white fringed top, but it's hard to say.

Hmm, kind of want it now. They have loads at the market, I might go try some on next week

ReputationRep:
    It looks nice in deep colours - if they did a red one I could juuuust about see myself in it during early spring IF I'd received it for a gift but I wouldn't go out looking for one.

However, this cream version is just dreadful (even if it is discounted):
    http://www.asos.com/Asos/Asos-Premiu...px?iid=1480661

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MsAnnThropic)
    It looks nice in deep colours - if they did a red one I could juuuust about see myself in it during early spring IF I'd received it for a gift but I wouldn't go out looking for one.

However, this cream version is just dreadful (even if it is discounted):
    http://www.asos.com/Asos/Asos-Premiu...px?iid=1480661
    HA! the look on her poor face, clearly thinking the money isn't good enough for that photo to exist.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.