Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My mother buys the Daily Mail (sigh...) so I occasionally read it.

It often contains articles about how Kate Middleton - our future Queen - is a style icon.
    As a young person, I believe (her being almost royal) she is too formal to be a style icon for me. (Don't get me wrong, I like her and everything)
    But what do you guys think?

ReputationRep:
    I love her style but I'm a bit of an unusual case - I wear my work clothes (for my job at a rather prestigious tuition centre) to university every day anyway, despite being in a very relaxed department in Arts. I want to stay on in my department to post-doc level if I can (currently 2nd year) so it seems sensible to dress like I take my degree seriously! Also it's much easier in the mornings

I loved her engagement dress!

ReputationRep:
    Very classic and 'safe' but she still wears things well so I guess she is an icon for that.

ReputationRep:
    I think she's a bit boring and doesn't really have any 'style', but that's just my own personal opinion. I'd prefer it if she took a few more risks rather than dressing like a 40 year old woman. I appreciate that she dresses in a modest way because that's how she 'should' but it's 2011! We can handle a future princess wearing something a bit more her age! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blinkbelle)
    I appreciate that she dresses in a modest way because that's how she 'should' but it's 2011! We can handle a future princess wearing something a bit more her age! xx
    Yeah I agree with you about the whole modesty thing. Maybe once her and William are married we may see her dressing a bit more her age, I'd love to see her in Jeans and a Tshirt tbh!!

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the general concensus that she plays it a bit safe because of her status and comes across a bit "lamb dressed as mutton" ...and i'd wish she'd lose those black suedey boots she keeps wearing.

I do however think the outfits she wears, whilst being a little old for her, are normally flattering in terms of shape and colour so kudos. I'd love to see her in stuff more like those Issa and Reiss dresses as they kept the classy vibe but were still fresh and age-appropriate.

I'd like to see her in stuff like this:

http://www.warehouse.co.uk/one-shoul...product/304135
    http://www.warehouse.co.uk/watery-fl...product/303929 (with straight black leggings/jeans
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I think she is a bit boring. The clothes she wears are a bit too formal all the time.

Not my style, to be honest. So she is not my style icon. But that's juts me.

ReputationRep:
    i think she looks gorgeous. so classy and feminine. i really like her style. wonder what her wedding dress will be like.. i hope it's not too 'safe'.

ReputationRep:
    I liked her style a couple of years ago, because it's very much how I dress now. I love my black suede boots, I wear lots of blazers, shirts and scarfs. I do think recently she has started looking a tad frumpy though. And she's got very thin recently. I swear she used to be about a size 10, now she's around a size 6-8. Probably the wedding stress though.

Lamb dressed as mutton. I don't get it.

ReputationRep:
    I just like her hair. Her outfits are nothing special

ReputationRep:
    She dresses fairly boring tbh and always wears 'safe' options. I don't see that as having a sense of style tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foldingstars45)
    Yeah I agree with you about the whole modesty thing. Maybe once her and William are married we may see her dressing a bit more her age, I'd love to see her in Jeans and a Tshirt tbh!!

ReputationRep:
    She's not doing a good job of making the royal family look any more exciting.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.